Yet Another Windows 10 Build (10162) Points To Rapidly Approaching Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Should we wait for final build then or do we just keep doing this over and over, feels like first day WoW came out, we had new patch every other day it seemed

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I also encountered a problem moving past build 10130 on a virtual machine. I also noticed that the build update frequency kept resetting to slow each time you checked the setting. I was looking forward to the resizable start menu that was in a previous build and also an improvement to the graphical interface to make it look less tablet like. Desktops should have rich and powerful features that can not be easily duplicated on tablets/phones. That flat look Google made modern was acceptable on a tablet/phone to increase the speed and battery life. File compatibility was the main concept that needed attention. Why did the desktop OS need to be crippled for the sake of the tablet/phones?

Guys, I totally understand what you are saying. I spent a good 4-5 hours yesterday trying to update. Started with build 10074, that thing wasn't doing anything. Downloaded and installed 10130, messed with settings and did updates restarts for a few hours, never got past 10130 though. Not really sure what they changed in the update system, but that seems to be the most broken feature of Windows 10 anymore.

anathema_forever

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Ya I am constantly wondering if my update system is going to break and I am going to have to reinstall OS lol. Never worried about that being what broke my installs before, used to be it was me installing to much junk.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
had to reinstall mine few days ago and got stuck on version 9926 for a few days. it would not update to ANYTHING past 9926. finally got it to 10159 and now another new update.

i can say that it looks and feels a million times better now than it did back in dec/jan time frame. still looking for more of a "normal" pc desktop and pc functionality but it's still a lot better than win 8.1 EVER was.

grant barker

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Build 10162 installed fine for me. On my main machine the upgrade process has been smooth. I always delete the windows.old folder afterwards (with CCleaner). Like many of you I've installed a few builds via ISO to clean install, but now it's so close to final - I want to upgrade each time to help with the smoothing process. When the final release comes and I choose to opt out of the Insider club, I'll clean install.
(I can't install Windows 10 on my old PC until they stop forcing an incompatible ethernet driver update which causes a disconnect. With Windows 8, we could ignore any updates we chose to ignore.)

f-14

Distinguished
driver support will arrive in 2018 once 50 million people have switched to windows 10 to make it worth while to manufacturers, which ever comes first.

there's alot of windows 10 betas that are buggier then....... 10130 was immediately replaced in a few hours after thousands of complaints were lodged update was a failure. i happened to be reading microsofts forums when it happened looking for the kb articles on how to eliminate the win10 upgrade b.s. in my notification. just go to add remove programs and uninstall all recommended updates since feb/april everything recommended is nothing but b.s. garbage for windows10 d/l and bit torrent type sharing/seeding via windows media player network sharing service.

Same here, I spent a whole day trying to update. :(. I was forced to get an ISO of build 10159 from the Microsoft-news.com site so I could upgrade.
However, windows 10 is still a technical preview so ill give Microsoft some slack.

At least 10159 is way better and hopefully 10162.

Status
Not open for further replies.