News You Can Forget About Dual-Booting Windows on ARM-Based Macs, For Now

D

Deleted member 14196

Dual booting is stupid and useless anyway. it should never be used on anything. use a virtual machine

Reactions: Chung Leong

hrudy

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004
What would be the point of running MS windows natively on a Mac ARM? The ability to run a windows (arm) version of MS Office? The only viable alternative is running an Arm version of Linux. And the only reason for that is Macos becomes so bad that you need to salvage your expensive hardware. That seems a stretch , even for Apple.

D

Deleted member 14196

Not speaking from experience, but I expect gamers would disagree.
yeah, probably. but I give zero poops about that. i just do all my gaming on consoles. can't wait for xbox series x

toadhammer

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
Dual booting different versions of the same operating system is not useless to people that develop drivers. non-hypervisor VMs are useless when you need access to actual hardware.

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Dual booting different versions of the same operating system is not useless to people that develop drivers. non-hypervisor VMs are useless when you need access to actual hardware.
Since we're talking about Macs, I think that limits the relevance of this argument. Presumably, Apple has some special facilities for those developing drivers for Macs.

TRENDING THREADS