You Can Now Refund Your Xbox Live Subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better late than never. The previous management did things all wrong with the introduction of the Xbox One as well as the Surface tablet line. Hopefully, the things MS is doing now will help the sales numbers.

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
So what if I, in theory, went out and bought Xbox live gold membership cards at a reduced price from a third party? (I believe I saw 2 year subscription cards for $70) if I had 12 years worth of gold subscription, would MS refund me the full $720 value even if I only paid $420 for it? If so, I might go out and buy 80 years of gold subscription...

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
"So what if I, in theory, went out and bought Xbox live gold membership cards at a reduced price from a third party? (I believe I saw 2 year subscription cards for $70) if I had 12 years worth of gold subscription, would MS refund me the full $720 value even if I only paid $420 for it? If so, I might go out and buy 80 years of gold subscription... "

When companies do things like this, they almost always have a cutoff date. That is on or before the announcement. You likely would be stuck with 80 years worth of subscription.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Did I miss anything in the article about actually getting a refund? Once you buy it and activate it, I'm sure there are no refunds. I'd have to read the card. The number one reason I have Live is to play multiplayer games so even if I could get a refund, I wouldn't. If I really wanted Netflix or Hulu, I wouild stream it from one of my computers (which I do downstairs already). Finally though MS is getting a little wiser by offering similar features as the competitors.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
shiz i have Xbox Live Gold for the Games for Gold. 2 free games a month, thanks, i'll take that for less than $3 a month. Plus they just announced that Xbox One owners will be getting free games starting in June.

With regard to discounted Xbox Live Gold memberships....There is almost always a company selling a year of Xbox Live Gold for $35. I have never paid more than that for the last 5 years. I actually pick these cards up any time I see them on sale. One thing to note is you can only enter codes for up to 3 years of the service at a time. You have to wait to enter the code for a subsequent year of membership until after the first of your three years of membership have expired.

Also, the same account can be used on an Xbox 360 and Xbox One simultaneously. I still have a 360 which has been re-assigned to basement television duty since the purchase of the Xbox One.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Now only if they made a way for people to cancel their Xbox Live membership.. ever try doing that through their website? Farrrrr to difficult.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
well with recent announcement of xbox one selling without a Kinect which dropped the price not to mention give the xbox one 10% more performance when the Kinect is not in use, it looks like the consumers have spoken and won. Microsoft needs to be reminded that they don't drive the market the consumers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.