News You Can Now Run Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi 3

abryant

Asst. Managing Editor
Staff member
May 16, 2016
Raspberry Pi is finally ready for the full Windows 10 experience. A new installer lets you put Windows 10 on Arm, including the Pi. And it's made by the same people who got Windows 10 on Arm onto Lumia 950 and 950 XL handset. Windows Latest first reported the news. Read more here.
pi3.jpg

ANDREW E. FREEDMAN
@AndrewFreedman
Andrew E. Freedman is an editor at Tom's Hardware focusing on laptops, desktops and gaming as well as keeping up with the latest news.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019
Who would want to run Windoze 10 on anything? It doesn't work well, has constant update problems and you lose more functionality with every update. I hate it on my workstation, and I certainly wouldn't use it for anything like this.

Feb 14, 2019
Why can't we directly read comments from the article anymore. This is very annoying, it's fine to put in a comment but the comments should show up at end of article like it use to.

Feb 14, 2019
Has anyone got this to successfully work? It will boot up and get to the Keyboard Layout screen, but I can't do anything. I added the the Core package and let it boot without any USB attached. I've tried several times and nothing.

randomizer

Champion
Why can't we directly read comments from the article anymore. This is very annoying, it's fine to put in a comment but the comments should show up at end of article like it use to.

The comments section was very tied to the forum software we were running. It needs to be reworked for the new software. Commenting directly on articles will be possible again in a few months.

Feb 14, 2019
Here's a good follow-up commentary, and it's recommended reading for anyone else who felt that installing Windows 10 on a Pi was a good idea. I spent several hours just getting the image burned to the SD, then read this article and promptly pulled the plug on the whole project without even try to boot it. Bottom line: Windows 10 on a Raspberry Pi is not just slow, it's damned near unusable, so don't bother.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-raspberry-pi-hands-on,38629.html