You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on PC.

I got this error while trying to open disk manager.

I've try this and it didn't work. I ran a system repair and that didn't work
either.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
> mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I got this error while trying to open disk manager.

You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
tool.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
> mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I got this error while trying to open disk manager.

I know you have to be an Administrator to run the tool. This doesn't help
I'm running it as administrator.

"John7" wrote:

> You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
> tool.
>

> "mab" <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've try this and it didn't work. I ran a system repair and that didn't
> work
> > either.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> > > Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> > >
> > > Wes
> > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
> > > mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

I know perhaps this is not your exact situation, but I just ran into
the same error. I had just loaded XP SP2 and joined my domain. The
domain controller is a Server 2003 system with heavy domain policies
set. I was getting that exact error whenever I tried to access my Disk
Management. Nothing helped I found online. Since I had the luxury of
"unjoining" the domain I did so. When I returned to a local WORKGROUP,
my Disk Management worked just fine. About that time that annoying
Firewall stuff from the Tray started popping up. So I disabled the
Firewall completely and unchecked all those Notify Me boxes. (We are
already behind a Cisco PIX and have all kind of other security measures
in place anyway.) Lastly, I rejoined the Domain, rebooted, logged in
as the Domain Admin and now the Disk Management is working fine. After
I booted up again in the Domain I ran "firewall.cpl" to see if it was
still off. Sure enought it was.

I am not sure which thing I did fixed it i.e. disjoining and rejoining
or cutting off the firewall prior to rejoining.

Go Figure. :)

mab wrote:
> I know you have to be an Administrator to run the tool. This doesn't help
> I'm running it as administrator.
>
> "John7" wrote:
>
> > You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
> > tool.
> >

> > "mab" <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I've try this and it didn't work. I ran a system repair and that didn't
> > work
> > > either.

Thanks for the help George but that didn't work either.