You Want the $130 Watch Dogs Limited Edition Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
I want it? No... not really. It's rare these days I'll go for "collectors edition" anything, and this... really doesn't draw me. Especially for $130. No freaking way.

mvalles19

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Might pick up the collectors edition just to sell it on ebay down the road. Just like I did with Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Batman: Arkham City. Its an easy turnaround for profit. What ever regular version ends up on Steam is the version I will likely play...

g-unit1111

Titan
Hopefully these $130 uber-collectors editions will be a thing of the past soon. In this economy who has that kind of money to spend on a $*#!ing video game? I would spend that money on a mechanical keyboard but I would not spend it on a game.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Limited edition sets, the biggets waste of money ever. Injection mould plastic figurine - left China factory at $5. Artwork - left printers at $0.50. Official sountrack - left mastering studio - $0.50. Steebook case - ex factory $1.00. Vigilante mask - $1.00. Add it all up and $8 of value becomes a hundred at retail.
And the worst part is this is new IP, so the game might actually suck. But I'm hoping it won't.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I'll be purchasing the "Gamefly Edition", where I rent it for my monthly fee and see if it's any good before buying. Preorders are traps used to encourage people to overpay for a game before the reviews come out for it. Oh for the days when art galleries and soundtracks were just bonuses in the in-game menu and not used to bamboozle me into buying before trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.