Young Adults Willing To Pay For Music - Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL the RIAA must have done this survey.i don't know anyone who buys music off the net even itunes. I admit i tried it once because i got some free downloads but they were is microsoft's crappy music format and were DRm'ed so the music files would not play in my car's mp3/WMA cd player

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I Download from Amazon MP3 and I find that the Music quality is great. While other can tell the difference between downloaded music and CD's I find that I am not one of them. Now that its easy to download quality DRM-FREE music I see no reason to keep the hard formats alive.

Before I get flamed I would like to point out that I have been performing my listing test using a pair of Magnepan MMG speakers connected to a Rotell Receiver . While its not the best sound system in the world its more then good enough to perform listing tests on.

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
engrpiman that's nuts, there is a greater difference in sound from an Amazon MP3 versus the CD than there is between your audio equipment and some low-end junk equipment sold by an electronics superstore. Maybe you are correct that you can't hear the difference but in that case your audio gear was wasted on (dead) ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.