Akifuddin

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Hi, this is my first time posting here on the Forumz. (I've been reading for about a month though) I suggest you wait for either AM2 or Intel Conroe because you will have more upgradeability. If you get a Socket 939 computer, you will never be able to upgrade your CPU, but of course if you're a gamer, the processor won't matter much and an Fx-60 will take you pretty far. It's the video card that matters. If I had all that money though, I'd wait for Conroe or AM2 because by then, I'd have even MORE money to spend on that killer dream rig. For example 4GB Corsair XMS, Intel conroe, 2 (or 1) X1900XTX 512MBs or 2 (or 1) 7900GTXs or the newer generation cards (Maybe Geforce 8 series and Radeon 2xxx series?) which would run blazingly fast. Maybe by then, new Opterons will be out with higher multipliers (Those help overclocking right?) , lower temperatures, higher clock speeds and overall higher performance and amazing overclock-ability. I've heard in 2007, AM2 is going to have quad-core so if you wait for AM2, you can get the FX-62, X2 5000+ or something lower-end, then wait again for 2007, get a quad-core and a newer generation video card since you probably WILL be saving up money. Anything is possible. But to know what will happen, you must wait.

If you've noticed, it seems like I'm good at computers or something (or not) but it's not true, I'm only 11 years old at Grade 5 elementary school but I just browse here and techspot to learn about computers (I one day want to build my own computer :trophy: :D

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Hmm....And after that month the countless amounts of "Do I wait or buy now?" threads didn't give enough information? Bah, but I guess being 11 is an excuse, no offence intended.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Akifuddin

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Oh shit! I meant to post this in reply to someone's question. Some moderator please close this thread. I messed up using the back and forward buttons. :?
Sorry MadModMike, I did not intend to post this as a thread to give people my opinion. I know you are one of the more respectable and intelligent ones in these Forumz :) I'll just copy and paste the writing to the thread I meant to write to :wink: