[SOLVED] "Your device isn't compatible with this version" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnr283

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. The amazon app has recently missing and I can't download it again. Its not listed in Google Play Store app. When Google search for it show up but says "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

I've tried clearing the Play Store cache, but it didn't help. Is there any way to fix this?

I know the Tab S2 is getting old. Will the Tab A or Tab A7 be better than the S2?
I like the the Tab A 8" due to its size but according to gsmarena.com seem the CPU and resolution are worse than my current S2.

Would the Tab A7 be better, even though I don't really want a 10" tablet?

Solution
Thanks for all your advice. I ended up buying a Samsung Tab 6 10" renewed from Amazon. It was the best for me because I wanted a Samsung device with an AMOLED screen but I didn't want to pay the higher price of the Tab S7+. Also I didn't want the 12" screen on of the Tab S7+.
have had the same issue with a few older phones & tablets.
as Android ages many new options become available so a lot of software is outdated generation by generation.

i was able to find some older Android versions of some software & games online to install but then you may need to root the device which may not even be possible depending on the model.

when choosing a new model;
it's very hard to take other users experiences and use them as a "should i" answer.
everyone looks for different things in their devices like size, storage, memory, brand favorites, etc.

just shop around and find something that fits all of your own needs.
and you can definitely find something as good or better at a cheaper price than most Samsung devices.

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
I'm still using an LG G4 from over 5 years ago. There are plenty of apps that no longer support it, such as Outlook and Amazon, and websites are becoming challenging for the older processor. But it works, and it does what I need it to do. Instead of Outlook, I switched to FairEmail, and instead of Amazon, I use the browser. There are alternatives. When apps that you feel that you need, such as WhatsApp, no longer support your phone, and there is no alternative way to use it (which there isn't without rooting your phone), that's when I would say is a good time to upgrade.

Of course, that's just how I feel. Others might prefer to have a faster, up-to-date device that apps support. It all comes down to personal preference.

But in relation to the actual original question here, just use amazon.com instead of the application.

johnr283

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
Thanks for all your advice. I ended up buying a Samsung Tab 6 10" renewed from Amazon. It was the best for me because I wanted a Samsung device with an AMOLED screen but I didn't want to pay the higher price of the Tab S7+. Also I didn't want the 12" screen on of the Tab S7+.

Reactions: mrmike16
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.