Your favourite twinking gear

What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

Bloodfists! Given to almost all my meleers at lvl 9, and have remained on
some of them till lvl 70 plus. Death's Set sash(and sometimes gloves) and
Sigons gloves+boots are other common choices. Biggin's Bonnet and Gorefoots
gets some usage as well, as do both Pelta Lunata and Umbral Disk, paladins
often get a Steelclash.

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

Well, most of my casters are basically untwinked till lvl 25 or so when they
can start using Magefists, SoJs, Lore helms, Peasant Crowns, Vipermagis,
etc. But a lot of that can wind up being endgame gear rather than twink
gear, so not sure if it counts. Early on though, Tarnhelm sees some use, as
does Sigons shield.

> --
> Slaughter is its own reward.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:42:10 +1300, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

3 socket breast plate and 3 socket mask filled with jewels of envy(?)
- the one with 20 poison damage. I have two of each so my merc can do
the same damage I do. Merc also gets a 4 socket short war bow with
flawed rubies. Hsarus Set with Rixot's Keen for me. Somewhere along
the line, Sigon parts, Angelic, Cathans and Eye of Etlitch are used as
well.

>What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

3 socket breast plate and 3 socket mask filled with flawed sapphires.
Hsarus boots and belt and depending on char, either wand or staff with
plus to skills. Manalds and Civerbs ammy are also a must. Somewhere
down the line, Viper, magefist/frosties, umm that unique helm with +1
to all skills and MF, razorswitch for Sorc, that unique wand for necro
with +2 all skills (lvl 22 IIRC)

There are many other sets that I've used in parts for twinking but
this is my most widely used combos for twinking.

Good thread Hammy. I'm curious as well to hear what others do as far
as twinking goes.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?
>
>What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

If I'm really twinking, pretty much all my characters get enchanted
and either use what they start with, or pick up any sort of bow
initially, and then as they level up enough, they get angelic ammy,
ring*2, armor, Sigons gloves, boots, helm and belt and a ravenclaw
bow. That setup can last them into the middle of NM difficulty, by
which time I've had enough of running the enchantress on the other
comp, and I'll scrounge up some gear specific to their build.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

Khalim's Will, Sigon's set at 8-10.

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

Three-socket bow with Jewels fo Envy, Iratha's set at 15.

Of course, there is always the Ugly Stick:
http://www.cthulhudreams.com/diablo/d2staff.htm
--
Zamboni

<svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

I play only HC, so Sigon's, Berserker's, Death's, Pelta, Manald Heal.

>What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

Infernal Set for a necro, Angelic jewelry and armor for the amazing hp
and +1 skills, Pelta, hp charms.

-- Roy L

magnate

Zamboni wrote:
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
1-30?

> Khalim's Will, Sigon's set at 8-10.

I also start with Khalim's Will, I think it's the most damage you can
get at level 1. I find Hsarus's complete set very useful from level 3.

For serious twinkage I switch to Death's set at level 6. It means all
30 stat points into STR and a shedload of STR and DEX charms to make up
the difference, but I think it's the most damage you can wield at level
6. I find the cold damage kills everything at players 8 until well into
the 20s. Ok so the charms take up most of your inv space, but if you're
twinking to this degree you aren't going to need to pick up much apart
from the occasional unique, which can go in the cube.

Death's set means you can't use Sigon's gloves, but you can get a huge
AR boost from Sigon's hat & shield/boots or Angelic rings&ammy/mail.
Hey, you could even have both those AR boosts, though I've never tried.

It's also possible that the damage accumulator on Civerb's cudgel makes
Civerb's set more damaging than Death's at higher levels ... but if I'm
twinking that seriously I'll switch to an exceptional weapon at level
22 or so when they become usable. I find melee twinking from 22-27
quite difficult though because I can never be bothered to find the best
weapon, I just stick with Death's or whatever until 27 when I get an
Honor zweihander, ancient axe or wotsit maul. IMHO Honor is still
massively overpowered for its level.

> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels
1-30?

I don't play nearly enough casters. The only one really obvious to me
is the Leaf staff, which is a must-have for fire sorcs.

CC

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
1-30?

Ah, this is a topic with which I can claim a HIGH degree of familiarity
with, having twinked countless chars. I have a quite standard setup:

Armor - Angelic Mantle
Weapon - Angelic Sickle
Ring1 - Angelic Halo
Ring2 - Angelic Halo
Ammy - Angelic WIngs
Hat - Biggin's Bonnet
Boots - Hotspur
Glubs - BloodFist
Belt - Nightsmoke
Shield - Pelta Lunata if I have it, Umbral Disc if I don't

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels
1-30?

See above :)

The beauty of this setup is that any caster can use it all teh way
through normal mode. It adds skills, enough AR to hit anything without
a point in dex, a LOAD of life, a ton of mana, and even some MF. The
life boost alone is around 150 life.

Mickey

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

Hah!

Rixots. All of them get a Rixots :)
Hellplague
Tarnhelm
Greyform
Twitch
Umbral Disk
Pelta Lunata
The Ward, if I really need resistances
Bloodfist
Chanceguards
Goblin Toes are about the only boots I'll twink at lower levels, maybe
Hotspurs
Goldwrap
Nightsmoke
Those are all of the uniques that get used regularly

I'll sometimes use the full Angelic Set, or parts from Deaths Set or Sigons.

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

Tarnhelm
Umbral Disk
Pelta Lunata
Chanceguards
Goldwrap
Gull Dagger

Not much twinking usually until they hit 29........

short

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?
>
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

I like arctic set and hsaru's. I'm partial to hand of broc if i have some
around. Anything else I can't think of due to lack of play.
> --
> Slaughter is its own reward.

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

oh and i've used isenharts once or twice before - that sword has what +8
minimum and like others irathas for 65 ra iirc.

"Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> wrote in message

> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?
>
> Bloodfists! Given to almost all my meleers at lvl 9, and have remained on
> some of them till lvl 70 plus.
yeah yeah those tooo 40 life 5 minimum 10 ias gloves. yeah them.

paladins
> often get a Steelclash.

My latest paladins before I left had one of those too.

wrote:

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?
>
> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

I don't see where anyone's mentioned Blood Crescent:

One-Hand Damage: 3 To (9-10) (6-6.5 Avg)
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 21
Durability: 22
Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
+60-80% Enhanced Damage(varies)
33% Chance Of Open Wounds
15% Increased Attack Speed
15% Life Stolen Per Hit
All Resistances +15
+15 To Life
+4 To Light Radius

I love this thing. All my beginners use it.
Angelic set is indispensable also.

--
freemont

Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:42:10 +1300, Stephen van Ham
> <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?
> >

> 3 socket breast plate and 3 socket mask filled with jewels of envy(?)
> - the one with 20 poison damage. I have two of each so my merc can do
> the same damage I do. Merc also gets a 4 socket short war bow with
> flawed rubies. Hsarus Set with Rixot's Keen for me. Somewhere along
> the line, Sigon parts, Angelic, Cathans and Eye of Etlitch are used as
> well.
>
> >What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?
>
> 3 socket breast plate and 3 socket mask filled with flawed sapphires.
> Hsarus boots and belt and depending on char, either wand or staff with
> plus to skills. Manalds and Civerbs ammy are also a must. Somewhere
> down the line, Viper, magefist/frosties, umm that unique helm with +1
> to all skills and MF, razorswitch for Sorc, that unique wand for necro
> with +2 all skills (lvl 22 IIRC)
>
> There are many other sets that I've used in parts for twinking but
> this is my most widely used combos for twinking.
>
> Good thread Hammy. I'm curious as well to hear what others do as far
> as twinking goes.
>
> Alan
> --
> USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
> USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

The original post doesn't appear on my newsreader so I have to reply under
your post, sorry about that.

Strictly speaking, there is no need of twinkage before lvl15 since you can
join numerous tristam runs on the bnet. You barely need to do anything in
those runs and you will be lvl15 very quickly.

Since you can begin baal run at lvl25, the most different part is lvl15 -
lvl24. Especially if you need external help to run through act1 to act5.

"flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> had this idea for a movie:

>oh and i've used isenharts once or twice before - that sword has what +8
>minimum and like others irathas for 65 ra iirc.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention Irathas.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

Stephen van Ham wrote:

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels 1-30?

Hsarus set, Arctic mitts, Cathan sigil & seal.

> What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels 1-30?

Hsarus set, Arctic furs, Iratha's coil.

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

short wrote:
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
1-30?

> Hah!
>
> Rixots. All of them get a Rixots :)
> Hellplague
> Tarnhelm
> Greyform
> Twitch
> Umbral Disk
> Pelta Lunata
> The Ward, if I really need resistances
> Bloodfist
> Chanceguards
> Goblin Toes are about the only boots I'll twink at lower levels,
maybe
> Hotspurs
> Goldwrap
> Nightsmoke
> Those are all of the uniques that get used regularly
>
> I'll sometimes use the full Angelic Set, or parts from Deaths Set or
Sigons.

> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels
1-30?

> Tarnhelm
> Umbral Disk
> Pelta Lunata
> Chanceguards
> Goldwrap
> Gull Dagger
>
> Not much twinking usually until they hit 29........

Which is why I like my setup so much. It is all usable by level 12, and
doesn't need to be replaced until level 29 at the earliest.

Mickey

flame_thrower wrote:
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
1-30?

> oh and i've used isenharts once or twice before - that sword has what
+8
> minimum and like others irathas for 65 ra iirc.

Not nearly as good as t he Angelic set with a second halo. Angelic is
MUCH fast, has enormous AR, adds gallons of life, mf, mana, resists,
etc.

Mickey - I wonder how good that set would be upgraded

~shady angel~ wrote:
> Stephen van Ham wrote:
> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
> > 1-30?
> >
> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels
> > 1-30?
>
> Eye of etlich for both.

Angelic ammy is also +1 skill, but adds 75 to life, which for a level
12 char is enormous.

Mickey - Still making my case :)

On 21 Mar 2005 16:08:50 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>flame_thrower wrote:
>> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> > What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
>1-30?
>> >
>> oh and i've used isenharts once or twice before - that sword has what
>+8
>> minimum and like others irathas for 65 ra iirc.
>
>Not nearly as good as t he Angelic set with a second halo. Angelic is
>MUCH fast, has enormous AR, adds gallons of life, mf, mana, resists,
>etc.
>
>Mickey - I wonder how good that set would be upgraded

As an exclusive HC player, I am also a big fan of Angelic gear for
twinking, especially the way it can be combined with other nice early
twink gear like Infernal and Hsarus' etc.

-- Roy L

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> ~shady angel~ wrote:
> > Stephen van Ham wrote:
> > > What is your favourite twinking gear for a melee character, levels
> > > 1-30?
> > >
> > > What is your favourite twinking gear for a caster character, levels
> > > 1-30?
> >
> > Eye of etlich for both.
>
> Angelic ammy is also +1 skill, but adds 75 to life, which for a level
> 12 char is enormous.
>
> Mickey - Still making my case :)

Angelic Set is teh besto

short

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message

> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> ~shady angel~ wrote:

>> > Eye of etlich for both.
>>
>> Angelic ammy is also +1 skill, but adds 75 to life, which for a level
>> 12 char is enormous.
>>
>> Mickey - Still making my case :)
>>

> Angelic Set is teh besto
>

> short

Second that. I usually fill in the other pieces with Sigon's for the MF,
AR, speed, IAS, and nice life steal for a nice all around package. LR is a
little lacking for the later acts in normal, but I usually switch gear at
clvl 29 anyway.

-Steve

"Steve W" <stwysongREMOVE@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >> Angelic ammy is also +1 skill, but adds 75 to life, which for a level
> >> 12 char is enormous.
> >>
> >> Mickey - Still making my case :)
> >>

> > Angelic Set is teh besto
> >

> > short
> >

> Second that. I usually fill in the other pieces with Sigon's for the MF,
> AR, speed, IAS, and nice life steal for a nice all around package. LR is
> little lacking for the later acts in normal, but I usually switch gear at
> clvl 29 anyway.

Yup, me too.

short