Your have recovered from a serious error! A device driver!

O.k. my computer was rebooting on its own and saying this. I restored my
comp. Then it started again. NOw its not rebooting because I unchecked the
one thing so it doesn't and just shows the error. It says its caused by a
device driver. How do I figure out which driver is doing this? Also if I
don't do anything will cause major problems? What should I do? It was fine
until I restored my computer because I thought I had spyware when the website
I was trying to get to had actually been hacked. Its never done this before.
Can anybody help me? Please!!

We can help you if you post the error code (starts with STOP: 0x000...) and
the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS).
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"DeeAurora" <DeeAurora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> O.k. my computer was rebooting on its own and saying this. I restored my
> comp. Then it started again. NOw its not rebooting because I unchecked the
> one thing so it doesn't and just shows the error. It says its caused by a
> device driver. How do I figure out which driver is doing this? Also if I
> don't do anything will cause major problems? What should I do? It was fine
> until I restored my computer because I thought I had spyware when the
website
> I was trying to get to had actually been hacked. Its never done this
before.
> Can anybody help me? Please!!

The error code was this:Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007, parameter2
00000cd4, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ff22c9c8.

Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG

Also a blue screen just came up instead of rebooting. Then in I looked in my
events thing and it said a bug check and something about a memory dump being
saved. Are these two things related? Help!
"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> We can help you if you post the error code (starts with STOP: 0x000...) and
> the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS).
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "DeeAurora" <DeeAurora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > O.k. my computer was rebooting on its own and saying this. I restored my
> > comp. Then it started again. NOw its not rebooting because I unchecked the
> > one thing so it doesn't and just shows the error. It says its caused by a
> > device driver. How do I figure out which driver is doing this? Also if I
> > don't do anything will cause major problems? What should I do? It was fine
> > until I restored my computer because I thought I had spyware when the
> website
> > I was trying to get to had actually been hacked. Its never done this
> before.
> > Can anybody help me? Please!!

I don't know what "I restored my comp" means, but If you reinstall Windows
XP from a pre-SP 2 CD and you have SP2 installed, you will run into trouble.

Otherwise, if you look in Event Viewer you may find further details to
narrow down the cause.

--

Ted Zieglar Wrote:
> I don't know what "I restored my comp" means, but If you reinstall
> Windows
> XP from a pre-SP 2 CD and you have SP2 installed, you will run into
> trouble.
>
> Otherwise, if you look in Event Viewer you may find further details to
> narrow down the cause.
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "DeeAurora" DeeAurora@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
> The error code was this:Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007,-
> parameter2-
> 00000cd4, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ff22c9c8.
>
> Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
>
> Also a blue screen just came up instead of rebooting. Then in I looked
> in-
> my-
> events thing and it said a bug check and something about a memory
> dump-
> being-
> saved. Are these two things related? Help!
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
> -
> We can help you if you post the error code (starts with STOP:
> 0x000...)--
> and--
> the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS).
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "DeeAurora" DeeAurora@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
> O.k. my computer was rebooting on its own and saying this. I
> restored---
> my---
> comp. Then it started again. NOw its not rebooting because I
> unchecked---
> the---
> one thing so it doesn't and just shows the error. It says its
> caused---
> by a---
> device driver. How do I figure out which driver is doing this? Also
> if---
> I---
> don't do anything will cause major problems? What should I do? It
> was---
> fine---
> until I restored my computer because I thought I had spyware when
> the-
> website-
> I was trying to get to had actually been hacked. Its never done
> this-
> before.-
> Can anybody help me? Please!!-
>
> --

Teg i think he means to say that after suspecting a spyware/virus, he
used system restore to restore his system to a date when it was working
properly.

--
asim662