Your IP has been banned message

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I was just given the "Your IP has been banned" message. I was using a tunnel on another browser since many websites are blocked where I am and I need that to access services such as YouTube, imgur, etc.

I wasn't a VPN connection (tunneling the whole PC). How is this possible if that connection was active in another browser and in the mean time the IP with which I'm connected to TH never changed?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I was just given the "Your IP has been banned" message. I was using a tunnel on another browser since many websites are blocked where I am and I need that to access services such as YouTube, imgur, etc.

I wasn't a VPN connection (tunneling the whole PC). How is this possible if that connection was active in another browser and in the mean time the IP with which I'm connected to TH never changed?

Must have been a glitch, I reviewed your account and I do not see any banned IP access attempts.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Must have been a glitch, I reviewed your account and I do not see any banned IP access attempts.

Probably. I can't really get what happened and that's bugging me :D

I understand some IP ranges on VPN services and such being blocked to prevent abuse/spamming etc.

But the tunnel was on a different browser. I was using another browser for TH and 'theoretically' the IP must have been intact the whole time. If the TH 'black list' identifes 'threats' and works based on IPs the only explanation is a glitch as you said. Obviously had my IP been on the list I couldn't have had accessed the site/forum in the first place.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Probably. I can't really get what happened and that's bugging me :D

I understand some IP ranges on VPN services and such being blocked to prevent abuse/spamming etc.

But the tunnel was on a different browser. I was using another browser for TH and 'theoretically' the IP must have been intact the whole time. If the TH 'black list' identifes 'threats' and works based on IPs the only explanation is a glitch as you said. Obviously had my IP been on the list I couldn't have had accessed the site/forum in the first place.

I do know aside from clear specific blocks this forum uses a new smart system for spam prevention and so on, so maybe it somehow got caught up in that. I am not privy to how that all works but suffice to say maybe you managed to see it in action.

Ho3n3r

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
Sorry for the necro, but no use creating a new thread for the same issue.

I got this when accessing the site with ExpressVPN connected. Any way to use this without having to disconnect it? Every other site works fine.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Sorry for the necro, but no use creating a new thread for the same issue.

I got this when accessing the site with ExpressVPN connected. Any way to use this without having to disconnect it? Every other site works fine.

Its unlikely every ExpressVPN address is banned, is there a way to have it use a different IP than the one you had? If you'd like to PM me the IP I can have it checked as well.