News Your Odds of Winning Newegg Shuffle Are Just 0.001%

Hrunga Zmuda

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019
They also don't do much for truly fraudulent Chinese sellers who have a record of not sending the item, faking deliveries, and then making it very difficult to get our money back unless we are ridiculously persistent.

I would never buy from any company other than Newegg from their website. And I'm mostly not going to do that either.

montyw47

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Has ANYONE come forward and say they actually WON from NewEgg.com??? These things are close holding out that chance of winning when the odds are so high against anyone. Has any NewEgg.com employee or in someway connected to them . Did corporate buyers have winner(s)? This whole ginning thing looks and acts like a sham.

Reactions: dennphill

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Tried to be persistent (and continually checked-in) keeping alive bookmarked pages for products I wanted (3060 and 3060Ti and 3070, as well as RX 6700 XT on NewEgg, B&H, Best Buy and AMD USA Store. (Ans Zotac.) Always Out of Stock or maybe Coming Soon, but never any product. (So WHERE does "24/7 Live Stock Alert for (yadda, yadda...)" on YouTube get away with saying there are 'product drops' and daily sales from the above sites? I NEVER see any! And, yes, the NewEgg Shuffle is a bunch of trash...seldom anything except very high priced NVidias...and usually combined in combos with motherboard I do not want or memory (only 2X8GBs!) that I do not need. New Egg is out of my shopping lane now and for the future. I turned off their stupid deal notices and "Shell Shockers" - as if ten bucks off is a great deal! Amazon usually beats their prices by this amount. Anyway, very poor options on their Shuffle...maybe I should just go out and buy a Megamillions quickpick...probably have a better chance of winning there.

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Oh, and BTW, if you look at NewEgg's today's Shell Shockers, you will see (as you may have seen several times in the past week or so) a MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Video Card GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC GPU that is now (and has been whenever I've seen it on New Egg!) as being out of stock!!! ("Sold Out at $489.99," though there at least three vendors currently selling the card on New Egg for around $875+/-! Oh, and BTW, this is nearly the current card I have in my current PC build that I am trying to upgrade. This old MSI GeForce 1660 Ventus XS 5G OC that I have is just not the Super version, and it only cost me $199.99 from New Egg on May 7, 2019.

AtrociKitty

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Has ANYONE come forward and say they actually WON from NewEgg.com??? These things are close holding out that chance of winning when the odds are so high against anyone. Has any NewEgg.com employee or in someway connected to them . Did corporate buyers have winner(s)? This whole ginning thing looks and acts like a sham.
I started entering shuffles on April 14th and was selected on the 26th.

I suspect the odds are actually very different between each option, and I never enter all of them all myself. I'm sure the bare graphics cards and cheaper bundles have the most competition. In my case, I won an RTX 3060 and monitor bundle. I didn't quite need the monitor, but the bundle was still several hundred dollars cheaper than just the RTX 3060 from eBay, so I'd say it was a good deal. I understand the criticisim of the bundles, but if it's still significantly less than market value for a card, is it really a bad deal?

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I understand the criticisim of the bundles, but if it's still significantly less than market value for a card, is it really a bad deal?
Agreed. And 1 out of 100,000 is still way better odds than no shuffles, and you coincidently being on Newegg's site when new stock is made available on a few models out of dozens listed and then you being able to beat the bots through the check out process.

evilhomer99

Reputable
Mar 27, 2017

I'm curious what the sham would be? They advertise parts, then not sell them? I have won shuffle 4 times. Odds are low, my results not typical. But the prices are clearly marked, as is the return policy. I'm curious what you think the "sham" is on entering a lottery for free and you don't have to buy anything.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020

I suspect the odds are actually very different between each option, and I never enter all of them all myself. I'm sure the bare graphics cards and cheaper bundles have the most competition. In my case, I won an RTX 3060 and monitor bundle. I didn't quite need the monitor, but the bundle was still several hundred dollars cheaper than just the RTX 3060 from eBay, so I'd say it was a good deal. I understand the criticisim of the bundles, but if it's still significantly less than market value for a card, is it really a bad deal?
I define market value as MSRP. If I can’t get the item for it’s list price, I wait. So to me it’s a bad deal if I have to pay more than $649 for an RX 6800xt. The same goes for a Playstation 5 or an RTX 3080. I’m all about fair play.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
The shuffle winners aren't winners. There is nothing winning about being selected to pay what I still consider a scalper price for a video card.
The EVGA 3070 FTW3 currently on the shuffle today is listed at $822 with a power supply. That same card is going for over $1300 on Ebay right now. Anyone who wins that card can turn around and make a $500 profit instantly and still end up with a spare 750W PSU that retails for over $100 currently. Anyone who isn't terrible at math would disagree with you.

Reactions: AtrociKitty
I have been selected 2 times in 2 weeks first time for a 5900x but I had just bought a 5800x so turned it down. 2nd time for a RTx 3080 unfortunately with a monitor but I jumped on it. Can sell the monitor it's a 165hz 1440p so not awful to have as a spare either... Anyway got the last part for my pc. Lol been so lucky I am still entering the shuffle to see what happens..

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I've been entering since they started, back in January. Never been selected for anything. Also got a bunch of EVGA notify queue entries sitting out there unfulfilled since last year. I've given up.
The EVGA 3070 FTW3 currently on the shuffle today is listed at $822 with a power supply. That same card is going for over $1300 on Ebay right now.
What if the person who is trying to buy that card doesn't want to resell it? What if that person wants to actually use the card for gaming or content creation? Some of us don't care how much profit is being made flipping cards. We just want Blender to render commissions faster or more FPS in games. The entire market -- including companies like Newegg -- seems to have forgotten that there are people out there who don't want to flip these cards and have an actual, non-mining use for them.

I've been entering since they started, back in January. Never been selected for anything. Also got a bunch of EVGA notify queue entries sitting out there unfulfilled since last year. I've given up.

What if the person who is trying to buy that card doesn't want to resell it? What if that person wants to actually use the card for gaming or content creation? Some of us don't care how much profit is being made flipping cards. We just want Blender to render commissions faster or more FPS in games. The entire market -- including companies like Newegg -- seems to have forgotten that there are people out there who don't want to flip these cards and have an actual, non-mining use for them.
My thoughts on this is they are almost the only retailer getting cards to end users . Are they profiting yes. Are they pawning off old stock of motherboards/monitors/ram in bundles yes... Do I have a video card in my hands at half scalper prices yes... Yes I paid 1000 for 3080 but I'm done with this fiasco so yeet I'm out.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
If you sell off the bundled product, you're paying about half of actual market value right now. $800 for a 3070 is not even close to current scalper's prices right now which was the original point. If you mine when not using the system, you'll likely end up making a profit with the card eventually. We have no idea how much Newegg is marking up these cards, but I would be willing to bet, based on your level of anger, it is far less than you are assuming. The original launch prices are meaningless. Most if not all the cards makers have announced price hikes since then and we don't know what these companies are charging distributors now.

Apr 29, 2021
I have won several items on the Newegg Shuffle since it began. I won the opportunity to purchase an AMD 5600X and AMD 5800X back before they became easier to get. I also got an AMD 5950X and all three at the AMD standard price. I have won three video cards as well, though two came with power supplies, one of which was DOA and the other relatively decent, and an ASUS B550-F Wi-Fi board. The video cards included two 3070's and one 3060, all three with triple fans. For over three months I had entered daily so you can get stuff, though most recently every video card seems to come only bundled with something I already have or wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. Prices have also risen and back early last month one video card I got for $649.00 is now $779.00, so even having to buy a DOA power supply for $100 on bundle price it was still worth it.

Has ANYONE come forward and say they actually WON from NewEgg.com?
very first one i entered last month i got the chance to buy my RX 6700 XT.
since then, out of ~15 of them i've entered, was offered a second chance to buy a RX 6800 with a bs PSU. hadn't realized the PSU was included so declined.

now with Tom's, Reddit, and other sites advertising them and telling everyone who visits to enter the shuffles
chances are getting much lower every day.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Well, I’m done with them. The shady bundles and the way they’ve been handling this “lottery” ensured that they’ll never get my business again.

I don't know that I am done with Newegg over those bundles but I get where your coming from. They'll bundle a 3rd rate stuff a top tier CPU or GPU. The idea of bundles is great for gamers/non mining PC users in theory but the bundles they frequently list are lacking IMHO. Seriously how many users are going to want, a 550 PSU by Antec with a 5900X CPU or worse a RTX 3090 with a B450 MOBO...a ultra high end GPU with a 139 dollar older mid tier MOBO. Its like they want you to throw away the other part. They make it clear you can't return just one so they must count of some folks being so desperate they are willing to eat the cost on a part they don't want or need.

But...as far as the number of parts available, shortages not withstanding, Newegg frequently has the competitors I would be wiling to use beat hands down. Plus I am not a fan of ordering from several sites for a build unless I have no other choice. Whether it be because of price which is uncommon since the shipping costs typically cancels out any savings or availability, which is the most common reason I use more than one site for a build. So for better or worse for the foreseeable future Newegg will still be filling a fair amount of tech/PC needs.

Apr 29, 2021
I have entered every one as far as I know and still haven 't been selected. Their prices aren't that bad. They have eBay and Amazon beat easily. This has been frustrating AF.

Reactions: drinking12many
Apr 30, 2021
I won the 3090 Strix bundle tonight. I've only entered maybe every other day depending on the offers, for about a month. I guess I got lucky, but I'm proof that people do win. The twitch channel I follow also had a few winners tonight, and there are usually about 1500 people on that stream on most days.

Edit: Fk bundles... Newegg is just such crap these days, in numerous ways.

PUXwmK7.png

ph00ny

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
I actually won twice. Few others have won multiple times as well at least from the same discord server
I won a 5950x (single item) and 3070 KO from another submission

Reactions: Frito Pendejo
Apr 30, 2021
The shuffle winners aren't winners. There is nothing winning about being selected to pay what I still consider a scalper price for a video card.

Aftermarket graphics card prices have gone up because of China tariffs, if I'm not mistaken. Only way to get close to msrp is Best Buy founders edition cards.

Reactions: ignatz_maus

TRENDING THREADS