Question Your Operating system did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata

Feb 5, 2021
Hey all! I recently bought a new laptop:
Its an HP Omen, i7 Processor, NVidia RTX2060, 4k screen, 16GB SDRAM, and 512 GB Intel SSD +32GB Intel Optane Memory.

Since I got it everyday it would randomly power off when I'm doing tasks and then a black screen would come up saying: "Your Operating system did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata". Then it would reboot and work fine until it shuts down again.
Are there any solutions to this?
Please help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

SKU for your HP Omen laptop? You might want to see what BIOS version you're currently running on your laptop. The next thing to check and see is the version for your OS. We're currently on 20H2 for Windows 10.

To my understanding, Optane's are found on laptops with HDD's not with SSD's. Did the laptop come spec'd that way from the factory?

Reactions: Techno_noob
Hey all! I recently bought a new laptop:
Its an HP Omen, i7 Processor, NVidia RTX2060, 4k screen, 16GB SDRAM, and 512 GB Intel SSD +32GB Intel Optane Memory.

Since I got it everyday it would randomly power off when I'm doing tasks and then a black screen would come up saying: "Your Operating system did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata". Then it would reboot and work fine until it shuts down again.
Are there any solutions to this?
Please help!

If it's a new laptop, contact HP support. You don't want to mess with it on your own and end up voiding the warranty.

Reactions: Techno_noob
Feb 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

SKU for your HP Omen laptop? You might want to see what BIOS version you're currently running on your laptop. The next thing to check and see is the version for your OS. We're currently on 20H2 for Windows 10.

To my understanding, Optane's are found on laptops with HDD's not with SSD's. Did the laptop come spec'd that way from the factory?
The BIOS version is AMI F.15, 9/15/2020
SKU is 1B0779AV

It was a custom made laptop from HP and I selected the Optane memory version along with the SSD option.

Feb 5, 2021
Not helpful how? Did they want the system sent to them to be checked? That is probably the right thing to do here since a new laptop should not be turning off.
I didnt get to speak to anyone directly. They only had the automated helper.
I'm from another country. I had to get the laptop shipped to a location in the US then shipped to my country so sending it back isn't really an option.