Build Advice Your opinion about this new gaming PC that i'm about to purchase ?

Oct 24, 2023
In the last few days im doing a lot of research and being in contact with the local store that im going to buy my pc from .
I post here the build that i would like to have , please let me know what you think if there are crucial changes that you suggest because is super expensive and i don't want to regret anything after i buy it .
Thanks in advance 🌹

Motherboard: GIGABYTE-Z790-AORUS MASTER
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (36M Cache, up to 5.80 GHz) FC-LGA16A
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT 360 Display
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 24GB GDDR6X - GAMING OC
RAM: RGB VENGEANCE Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C36 Memory Kit
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SN850 2TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe
Case: Corasir 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX PC Case Black
Case Fans: LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO
PSU: Corsair RM1200X SHIFT ATX3.0 Full modular 80Plus Gold
Monitor: 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K UHD 165Hz 1ms Quantum HDR2000 Curved Gaming Monitor
Keyboard: SteelSeries Apex Pro TKL
Mouse: Razer Deathadder V3
Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition 64bit

A few things :
1. CPU Cooler - i read some bad things about the noise of this pump , is it THAT bad?
2. RAM - i have the option to buy this for a bit cheaper: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000Mhz , is there a big difference in performance that justify to extra few dollars?
3. Case + fans - what do you think about this case? my plan is to remove the front fan that comes with the case and add the 3 LL120 RGB fans so in total i will have 3 front + 3 AIO cooling fans on top + the GPU fans + 1 fan at the back .
I assume it will be good enough for keeping the pc temp low? any suggestions about the fans location / what should intake/outtake etc?
4. PSU - Im not sure about this one , is it good? i have this option as well - Cooler Master MWE GOLD 1250W V2 80Plus GOLD ATX 3.0 PCIE5.0 READY
5. Monitor - still not sure if they can order this model , anyone knows this model and can tell if its good and worth it? or give other alternative for a 28" / 32" 4k monitor that is not OLED

Any other ideas / recommendations about better parts etc will be highly appreciated

The 2 RAM choices seem to be identical according to what you typed.

Different latency?

Temps will probably be higher than you'd like regardless of cooler....unless you deliberately de-tune the CPU through the BIOS.

Fans....generally intakes on the front; exhausts on the back and top. Experiment after you get it home and running. 6 or 8 fans may not be better than 3 or 4, but you make like fans for the RGB rather than cooling.

Is the i7-14700K available to you?

Reactions: Conure.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The 2 RAM choices seem to be identical according to what you typed.

Different latency?
thats exactly what I said elsewhere.
So there are two:
CL36 - https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/p/mem...00mhz-c36-memory-kit-black-cmh32gx5m2d6000c36
CL40 - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/mem...00mhz-c40-memory-kit-black-cmh32gx5m2b6000c40

36 is faster though by how much is a good question. How much cheaper is the cl40? I assume thats what difference is.

Watch your CPU temps, having a 4090 exhausting into the AIO exhaust fans will mean all the heat from in in gaming will heat up CPU. Might want to consider front mounting AIO as intake, can make a difference to CPU. GPU doesn't really care where radiator is.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023
Overall,
looks like a solid build.

Cycle timings:
The CL40 for DDR5-6000 has roughly about 13.3 ns, while the CL36 has 12 ns.
But the CL36 is better overall, since it has lower latency at the same frequency.

Hopefully this helps
:)

Oct 24, 2023
Thank you guys for all the help ,
Yes , the difference is latency , the price difference is really small (15$ ) .
The strange thing is that the white color C36 cost about 30$ more than the black color C36 :hum:
Ill put the 2 links here , maybe you can spot the difference apart from the color (it's in Hebrew but you can scroll down a bit and you see all the specs in English)

I do have an option to buy the i7-14700K , do you think it's better than the i9 13900k?

I will ask them about fan placement , i definitely don't want to have temp problems or loud fan noise

Colif

Win 11 Master
those both look like C36, the only difference is the color. C36 = latency. They both the same.

Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C36 Memory Kit — White​

VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C36 Memory Kit — Black​

choose which ever color you want. The color of ram not so obvious once you have the rgb strip running on top.
can you tell mine are black?
yz2Ucm2.jpg

if you after rgb looks, you should order one of these to fill in the gaps - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/explorer/diy-builder/memory/what-is-a-corsair-light-enhancement-kit/ (I only really have 2 sticks of ram). They don't have any DDR 5 ones yet but they will.

Oct 24, 2023
those both look like C36, the only difference is the color. C36 = latency. They both the same.

Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C36 Memory Kit — White​

VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C36 Memory Kit — Black​

choose which ever color you want. The color of ram not so obvious once you have the rgb strip running on top.
can you tell mine are black?
yz2Ucm2.jpg

if you after rgb looks, you should order one of these to fill in the gaps - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/explorer/diy-builder/memory/what-is-a-corsair-light-enhancement-kit/ (I only really have 2 sticks of ram). They don't have any DDR 5 ones yet but they will.
Can't really see the color so i guess i will go for the black which is 30$ cheaper .

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Is no one going to mention the potential for the 4090's 12VHPWR power connector to melt? I mean, I know that there is a revised 12VHPWR plug, but there is no way (as far as I'm aware) to tell before you buy which one it comes with. If it is the original 12VHPWR plug, even if you plug it in all the way, there is still a significant enough distance that it can be pulled out before the clip stops it from coming out even more, causing it to melt.