[SOLVED] Your PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc000000f

Oct 7, 2020
Hi,
so first of all i am a complete noob on pc stuff. I recently finished building my new PC and i installed Windows on my HDD instead of my SSD. After talking to a friend i wanted to have my Windows on my SDD instead so i installed it on my SSD without unplugging my HDD. After, I wanted to delete it from my HDD because i was always getting two volumes on the windows startup and it was bothering me. From what i red, i think the booting files were mixed on both drives which made me always have to choose a windows volume. SO before formating my HDD i red that i had to try starting the PC without the HDD plugged to see if the booting process was good with the SSD, but when i did that it said that it didn't detect nothing to boot.

I was starting to get a little impatient so i told myself that i was going to format the SSD so that i can install Windows again on it the right way and then after all of this is done i would format the HDD and voila! But now after formating the SSD i get a blue recovery Windows page and it says that my Windows needs to be repaired error 0xc000000f... I have a feeling i messed everything up...

If there is one thing that i am sure is that my HDD should be good because i didn't touch it but it seems it doesn't locate the booting files to boot Windows.

I need help please. Thank you :)

Solution
Go into windows install with your install media and manually delete all partition data on both drives

Shutdown

Remove HDD

Keep ONLY the SSD in the system and install the OS

Once OS confirmed running properly, put the HDD drive back into system (from a powered off state of course)
Go into windows install with your install media and manually delete all partition data on both drives

Shutdown

Remove HDD

Keep ONLY the SSD in the system and install the OS

Once OS confirmed running properly, put the HDD drive back into system (from a powered off state of course)

Solution