Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Scufrie

Honorable
Oct 19, 2015
Ok, so basically last night I force shut down my of and this morning, when I came on, I was met with a blue error screen that states "Recovery
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
The boot configuration data file is missing some required information.
File:/BCD
Error code: 0xc0000034
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or usb device), contact your PC administrator or PC/device manufacturer."
I am looking for one of two things, a solution, or a way to factory reset my pc. Obviously a solution would be best, but if it comes to it, a reset is an option. I've looked for solutions but all I can find is people having trouble installing windows 10 but I've had it for a while and it's been perfect. Any solutions would be fantastic. Thanks.

Solution
You could try running the startup repair utility from the Windows 10 install media. You can download the Windows Media Creation Tool below to create your own install disk (or USB stick):

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Run the Media Creation Tool and choose create install media for another PC. Make sure you download the correct Windows 10 ISO file that matches the current version that is installed on the PC that you need to repair (Home or Pro... 32 or 64bit). If you upgraded from Windows 7 or 8/8.1 on that PC, you version of Windows 10 will be the same as the version you upgraded from. Note, Windows Ultimate upgrades to Pro for Windows 10.

rcxtra

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
You could try running the startup repair utility from the Windows 10 install media. You can download the Windows Media Creation Tool below to create your own install disk (or USB stick):

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Run the Media Creation Tool and choose create install media for another PC. Make sure you download the correct Windows 10 ISO file that matches the current version that is installed on the PC that you need to repair (Home or Pro... 32 or 64bit). If you upgraded from Windows 7 or 8/8.1 on that PC, you version of Windows 10 will be the same as the version you upgraded from. Note, Windows Ultimate upgrades to Pro for Windows 10.

Solution