[SOLVED] "Your pc did not start correctly" I tried everything I found.

trickiestmove

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017
I hibernated my pc then when i came back i powered it on then shuted it down without signing in. next thing i know my pc can't start and keeps running automatic repair automatically.

Specs:
CPU - i5-4460
Motherboard - Z97 Gaming 3
RAM - 16GB Hyperx Fury 1866 MHz DDR3
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB GDDR5
PSU - XFX 750W
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Here is everything i tried:-
  1. Reset this PC (didnt work)
  2. chkdsk /f /r C: command (the command worked but still nothing)
  3. sfc /scannow (windows cannot perform this command)
  4. Safe mode (boots to automatic repair)
  5. Disable automatic restart after failure (boots to automatic repair)
  6. Reinstall Windows through a USB Boot drive (can't install because i have a windows already installed, also tried all of the above using the boot drive)

I hope someone out there that can help me, it has been 2 weeks since the issue.

Solution
Boot into the Windows installation drive. Delete all partitions on your windows drive. Create a new partition, then install windows onto it.

This will erase windows (and everything else on that drive) then install it fresh.
First make sure you have no other driver, especially USB attached to your computer when booting. Also, when running automatic repair, have you used the startup repair option? Try a cold boot, where you unplug your PC, press the power button for 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds, than plug in your PC and try to boot again. also try booting with one stick of RAM.

If you follow this link to do a clean install, it won't matter if you have a Windows already on your drive. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

trickiestmove

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017
First make sure you have no other driver, especially USB attached to your computer when booting. Also, when running automatic repair, have you used the startup repair option? Try a cold boot, where you unplug your PC, press the power button for 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds, than plug in your PC and try to boot again. also try booting with one stick of RAM.

If you follow this link to do a clean install, it won't matter if you have a Windows already on your drive. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Answering your question, yes. also i wasnt willing to reset my pc but since i had nothig to loss i tried it and it didnt work.