YouTube Blocking Legal Channels Ahead Of June 20 EU Copyright Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

YouTube leadership is a total joke and needs to be wiped out and replaced. They cannot go a month without another major screw up in the news. Their policies are inconsistent, their automated tools are inaccurate, and their human reviewers are incredibly biased and outright political activists trying to social engineer society with the site.

Why is the CEO of YouTube still in place? What does she bring to make up for these numerous scandals and failures?

alextheblue

Distinguished

I'm no fan of Google but in this case they're right. The EU is currently trying to milk them like they milked MS, and simultaneously they're trying to wreck fair use and linking as we know it. Mind blowing how much support this has, and how poor of a job their mainstream media has done in covering this. Wait, most EU media is practically state-run with no opposition news networks... carry on.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Alt Fact people stumbling over themselves in contradicting arguments to whine about something.
This law proposal was set in motion to prevent companies like Google from stealing ad revenue from news sites. Google would gain nothing from silencing protesters against it.
The intention of the law is fair, whether they'll figure out how to implement it is another question.

And I have no pity for France's nazi party losing their YouTube page just because they're too ignorant to source check their content.

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

Mainstream media don't have any interest in covering this because they're content creators. It doesn't have anything to do with any political stance. Old-fashioned content creators will always agree with any copyright enforcement law without even bothering to read it.

Those Europeans who know how the internet works oppose this law, because it is utterly ludicrous. However, you can't expect Members of the European Parliament to know how the internet works. The European Parliament is a total mess which most Europeans know nothing about. Mainstream media don't have any interest in convering anything that happens there, because it is much more interesting to cover anything that happens in national parliaments. In the US, people know that they need to know what is happening both in the federal goverment and their own state goverment. In Europe, people aren't used to that. People only used to care about what was happening in other European countries when it was dangerous enough to declare war. The European Parliament is a joke, which is the reason why Brexit succeeded. It doesn't matter whether what is done there is for the good of Europeans or not, because no one knows what the heck is happening there.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Dosflores, what a load of bigoted BS. If you're so smart, why aren't you protesting the death of your net neutrality?

MSM has covered this. Both for and against. Because MSM isn't ONE opinion or ONE person.

Le Pen's Nazi Party is only whinging here to get attention. Even though the only real fact here is that they got caught out stealing content.

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

Net neutrality hasn't died in my country. I protested to the Members of the European Parliament about what this news is about.

I don't know what MSM is.

And WTF are you talking about Le Pen? Their party is going to vote for Article 13 even though they're complaining about it. They're certainly not smart, just like you.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Dosflores, you're the one bringing up MSM. You're the one arguing that everybody in the EU is ignorant and not acting like people in the US. If you think that is stupid, which it obviously is, stop arguing that in the first place.
Learn to use Google if you are as smart as you think you are.

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

I didn't bring up MSM; I replied to someone talking about MSM. And excuse me for not knowing every acronym in the world. I just like to write in a clear manner, because I can reason, unlike you. And I can talk about the MSM that I know, which obviously isn't every MSM in the world.

Not everybody in the EU is ignorant about what is happening in the European Parliament, but most people are. That is a fact. If you disagree, you're certainly the ignorant one.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

You're discussing the most trolled media forms on the internet and you don't know what the commonly used abbreviation for it is? Sorry, but you can throw as many toys out of your precious little pram over that but it still makes you the ignorant on that point.

Your last sentence is stumbling over itself to argue against itself that I won't even bother...... :)

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

That's because I'm not a troll, unlike you. I only know a few abbreviations like GFY.

pegasusted2504

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
Yeah well what do you all expect? The governments NEED to make some extra money somewhere don't they, also am I glad we left the EU, no more dicks in Brussels telling me how to eat my sprouts or how powerful my hoover or hairdryer can be. retard spaz's the lot of em

Status
Not open for further replies.