Question Youtube causing network limited error

Oct 2, 2022
A couple of months ago I noticed that my pc kept having an issue of suddenly going offline with the network "limited" error. This is a pain for me because restarting is seemingly the only way to get it back online. I have narrowed this down to being a youtube issue. When I play videos, I'll be knocked offline until I restart. Usually the video has to be above 1080p but sometimes it goes offline at 720p as well. This happens on Firefox and Chrome. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening all of the sudden and a fix to this?

my d/l speed is ~125mbs and my other devices can handle YT fine on wifi.
I have windows 8.1.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information (Windows 8.1 noted. Edition and Version?)

Include PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

What is the specific error?

Is your PC the only one with Windows 8.1?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the "limited" error.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format often proves helpful.

As for Event Viewer:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

For both tools clicking any given error will provide additional details. The details may or may not prove helpful.

= = = =

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.