Youtube Comments section on certain videos response.

isogamer

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
YouTube getting Notified on certain video comments response HELP.
Hi, okay so youtube is just messed up when it comes to getting response on certain comments you left on certain videos. Like i been looking all over my account settings to see WHY, i am not getting notified through my google email on certain comments i left on certain videos where other youtube users responded to.

Like i usually have to go back to that same video i commented on, and see other users reply to my comment. I went to settings and enabled my youtube activity, but yet i still get notified on certain ppl you responded to my comments. I use to get notified through my google email, but not any more.

https://imgur.com/a/kxLjNKj

Solution
You're set to "push" notifications only - so you shouldn't be getting emails, from what I can tell.

As for getting appropriate notifications, that's been an ongoing issue with YT for a while now. Between not getting notified when you have "alerts" on for a channel, through to not getting notifications responding to comments.

It's a problem on YT's end, AFAIK - and there's no setting you can enable that'll fix that, unfortunately.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You're set to "push" notifications only - so you shouldn't be getting emails, from what I can tell.

As for getting appropriate notifications, that's been an ongoing issue with YT for a while now. Between not getting notified when you have "alerts" on for a channel, through to not getting notifications responding to comments.

It's a problem on YT's end, AFAIK - and there's no setting you can enable that'll fix that, unfortunately.

Solution