Question Youtube frame drops on good pc.

Aug 18, 2021
I bought this PC 3 months ago, it has a i5 9400f, GTX 1650, 16gb ram.

Whenever I try to play a 60fps video on youtube, it just drops many frames. The resolution doesn't matter, if it was my pc hardware that doesn't support the video, then at least the frames shouldn't have dropped on 720p @ 60fps video right? Same issue on this resolution too. And my gpu is 60% used while playing the video but cpu is just used 4%

eg. i get frame drops on 720p/60fps video, i get the same amount of dropped frames on 4k/60fps also.

And I have seen people with the same specs or lower who run 4k/60fps video with 0 frames dropped ?

P.S I have 30mbps internet and using an old VGA monitor with 768p res ( also tried changing monitor but no luck. The resolution of both the monitors I have is 768p. But one is VGA and other is DVI.

It drops on every browser.
Plz help I have been scratching my head for 2 months now :(

Any help will be highly appreciated :)

Aug 9, 2021
Which info?
It should show desktop resolution and and active desktop resolution. You should prob make sure that is set to the potentials. Also it should show if you monitor is connected to the GPU, also there is a dropdown menu for refresh rate. If that one cant be set to 60hz or higher, that means you monitor wont support it.

You can also go to nivida control panel and make sure your browser is set to use your GPU. If you have an internal GPU its possible that youtube uses that over the GTX. Also if your refresh rate is set to low it wont be able to show 60fps

Aug 18, 2021
It should show desktop resolution and and active desktop resolution. You should prob make sure that is set to the potentials. Also it should show if you monitor is connected to the GPU, also there is a dropdown menu for refresh rate. If that one cant be set to 60hz or higher, that means you monitor wont support it.

You can also go to nivida control panel and make sure your browser is set to use your GPU. If you have an internal GPU its possible that youtube uses that over the GTX. Also if your refresh rate is set to low it wont be able to show 60fps

Okay I will see all this and tell you, right now, no power here so can't boot my pc. And thanks for all these answers.

Aug 18, 2021
Your browser is set to Hardware acceleration on videos, that is why it uses GPU mostly. You can try turning it off, as a troubleshooting step. Even so, it shouldn't drop frames. Do you have all drivers installed? Chipset and so?
I already tried :( It didn't work, it got even worse. And yes I have all the latest gpu and other drivers :(

Aug 18, 2021

As far as I remember, my active and desktop resolutions are 1366x768 as it is the res of my monitor. And my monitor show 59.78hz or so on the refresh rate section.

And no, I just have just one gpu so that won't be the problem. My processor is i5 9400f which doesn't come with Integrated graphics :(

And I contacted gigabyte support, they told to roll back the gpu drivers so I will do that and tell you guys if it solves this dropped frames problem. :)