Youtube is killing my channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2018
Hi, i have opened a gaming channel almost 2 monthes ago and since then im regularly posting vids, and shorts. Even a week ago i was getting decent amount of views (1.5k-4.5k). I researched about audience retention and tried to keep my shorts within 20 seconds.

From past 4-5 days i am not getting any single views on my YouTube shorts. I tried deleting them and posting it some other different times with different keywords but no results. I started my channel with COD Warzone clips and at first long form vids was getting atleast 50-150 views but nowadays it went down like 20-50.

I have 7 other google accounts, as soon as i post something i seed my videos using those YouTube accounts but that don't help. Till now i got 42 subs, and got them from my shorts mostly.

It's really frustrating and annoying after watching idiotic posts and shorts where the guy dont even do anything just sitting on a chair doing some weird facial expressions getting him 48m views, but not a hardcore gameplay.

Is IT normal that YouTube does this to everybody? Or my channel is slowly dying?

D

Deleted member 14196

You’re in a completely saturated market. Only the biggest survive and there’s not room for more than one or two super successful gamers. People like playing games they don’t care about watching them and when they do they only want to watch a certain portion that helps them through us, certain situation they may be facing.

Maybe you should do something other than gaming I don’t think they’re blocking you out at all people aren’t interested

I know I certainly don’t care to watch anybody on any gaming channel because I devote my time to things like physics and engineering on YouTube so I think it’s just a lack of interest. You’re in a super saturated segment where there’s way too many people already, so don’t expect great results. Remember, there’s only one PewDiePie

It’s just like economics. Look at all the bread makers in the world. you want to go into business, so are you going to bake bread with all that competition? Probably not.

Ralston18

Titan
In agreement.

And I will add the thought that there is quite a bit else going on all around the world right now.

People may simply be doing other things (by desire or otherwise) and have no time and/or means to follow favorites on YouTube etc..

Could be a short term drop or decline.

If you start trying to make immediate changes the situation could be made worse.

Give it some time, keep an eye on view counts etc..

Then, if and as necessary, rethink your channel and make thoughtful revisions. Not too much at one time.....

D

Deleted member 14196

Also, think about the audience that you want to serve and think about what they would like to see.

Dec 13, 2018
You’re in a completely saturated market. Only the biggest survive and there’s not room for more than one or two super successful gamers. People like playing games they don’t care about watching them and when they do they only want to watch a certain portion that helps them through us, certain situation they may be facing.

Maybe you should do something other than gaming I don’t think they’re blocking you out at all people aren’t interested

I know I certainly don’t care to watch anybody on any gaming channel because I devote my time to things like physics and engineering on YouTube so I think it’s just a lack of interest. You’re in a super saturated segment where there’s way too many people already, so don’t expect great results. Remember, there’s only one PewDiePie

It’s just like economics. Look at all the bread makers in the world. you want to go into business, so are you going to bake bread with all that competition? Probably not.

That's not always true, i gained over 20 subs after writing this post. The surprising thing all of them came from my shorts which only got 500-800 views. Now my concern is, i have seen gaming Channels growing upto 30k subs within 3-4 months i studied their strategy and saw the very first short they uploaded got 300k views or something, so how is this possible? It's all about reach, even after 2 months youtube don't understand which person should they send my videos to.

It's not like people aren't enjoying my content, each shorts are getting watched over 50% and bringing subs too. But from yesterday i uploaded more than 5 shorts with average potential and YouTube didn't even push it to ANY SINGLE VIEWERS not even one. It was on 0 views even after an hour, then i started seeding them with my own YouTube accounts.

Maybe keywords or tagging is an issue? In that case popular gaming shorts with no tagging or describtion at all other than "#shorts" getting tonns of view. Why is that.

D

Deleted member 14196

Ask Google. Nobody here can answer that. How is it? Some channels can grow to 30 K? People like their stuff more and actually click the like button. Anyway, you asked for our opinions since none of us work for Google we can’t answer how the algorithm actually works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"YouTube didn't even push it to ANY SINGLE VIEWERS not even one. "

Does YouTube have some obligation to do so?

Why would they push your shorts versus someone elses?

Maybe so if YouTube could make money by pushing your shorts.....

When, how, etc. that is decided is also another unknown.

Dec 13, 2018
This:

"YouTube didn't even push it to ANY SINGLE VIEWERS not even one. "

Does YouTube have some obligation to do so?

Why would they push your shorts versus someone elses?

Maybe so if YouTube could make money by pushing your shorts.....

When, how, etc. that is decided is also another unknown.
No, but sometimes when i upload shorts it gets more than 1k views within 30mins. And sometimes not even one.
I tried deleting a short for not having a single view and then post it one more time after an hour or two then suddenly the same short started getting views.

I just want to know what is the thing that actually triggering YouTube algorithm to make shorts go viral. Is it keywords? Timing? Or tagging?

D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah you’re trying to game the system and make your stuff go viral and that’s not how this stuff works at all. What makes it go viral is that you make something that’s so good that LOTS of people like it and it gets passed to others with similar tastes

in other words, you are the secret ingredient for success. Trying to copy what others have done probably isn’t going to get you where you want to go. Be original don’t be pedestrian. Consider topics that people are actually interested in like covering games that are popular at the moment. Perhaps you already do that but like I’ve said you’ve got tons of competition.

Reactions: tridibeshdashingggg
Status
Not open for further replies.