YouTube Launches YouTube Gaming With Livestreams, 25,000 Unique Pages For Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr__dna

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
What will make or break the platform is if they have content ID turned on or off. If it is turned on, the system will not get off the ground. Imagine playing GTA5 and because of the music on the radio ingame, your stream is taken down automatically, or any revenues you get from that stream are given to the music rights holder.

Call me crazy, but wouldn't you rather generate revenue on twitch through various means, and then upload the video of that twitch broadcast to youtube to generate more?

What is google's answer to that situation?

I'd rather just play the game... tutorials I get, but what is the point of _this_?

Hopefully to reduce the shear number of terrible let's plays. I like watching streams if the streamer is active and talks to the viewers. But it is rare to find somebody who fits that description and has entertaining gameplay.

I understand if you don't like livestreams or lets plays. Its not up everybody's alley.

The point of it though it most likely competition with Twitch and the money popular YouTubers has the potential to bring in. Not sure how they are going to monetize this but you can bet your ass ads will be all over it.

YouTube lost it's cool card the instant it implemented the content ID system. Why would I bother with something like YouTube streaming when I know I don't have to worry about actually getting paid every time something copyrighted appears or is head. Next thing you know Apple will be claiming my stream because it has round corners.

Midnitte

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
@clonazepam Google's answer is to stream in their service isn't of Twitch.

They'll have monetization options on top of those available now.

@clonazepam Google's answer is to stream in their service isn't of Twitch.

They'll have monetization options on top of those available now.

Well of course, but you have two potential revenue streams. Live broadcast and video. I guess you'd really have to trust Google to have both under one roof. I'm just saying I wouldn't. I also wouldn't trust the copyright flagging, having a work claimed, or taken down, and again all of that under one roof.

if they were treated as two completely different entities, where some stupid or unjust violation in one area, didn't cause the whole "house of cards" to fall apart.

If you are going to put in the work to build up your name and an audience, I think there's way more security, presently, working with twitch and youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS