[SOLVED] Youtube not loading properly on google chrome?

Jan 24, 2019
i keep having weird problems on youtube in google chrome. little textures and things won't load properly, fullscreen will glitch out so i cannot click any of the icons, and if i'm on dark mode, the top bar will stay white. i'm also having problems with playlists where i can#t scroll the playlist, and anything i cannot see at the top is continued below my recommended list on the right.
does anyone know what to do? i have tried refreshing, deleting themes and extensions, restarting chrome, but it doesn't seem to work.
these things only happen when i am signed into an account. as soon as i sign out, youtube will start working perfectly again, but i would really like to be able to actually use my account.

Solution
Hello lucymcginty05

Can you please confirm which account you sign in to when you experience the issue? Is it any of your Google accounts or a Microsoft account you use to sign in to Windows?

In latter case, please try creating a local account, log in to Windows using it, and see if the issue is resolved.

You may also want to try disabling (or enabling) hardware acceleration from Settings > Advanced > Systems on your Chrome as long as you've already updated your graphics card driver.

Please report back with the results to allow us to help you with a permanent solution.

Cheers!!
Hello lucymcginty05

Can you please confirm which account you sign in to when you experience the issue? Is it any of your Google accounts or a Microsoft account you use to sign in to Windows?

In latter case, please try creating a local account, log in to Windows using it, and see if the issue is resolved.

You may also want to try disabling (or enabling) hardware acceleration from Settings > Advanced > Systems on your Chrome as long as you've already updated your graphics card driver.

Please report back with the results to allow us to help you with a permanent solution.

Cheers!!

Solution