Youtube not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Hello,
Recently ( past few months)I have had problems accessing Youtube, recently its gotten to a stage where it can be down for hours for my computer but working fine on the mobile app. Then it got so worse that it got me to wipe my Pc which did not help. So then today i got home before everyone else and it was working fine, until more people got home and now its not working again. So i was wondering if it could be that youtube blocks ip-addresses if there are to many requests going in from there or if there is another solution.
Im from Switzerland so sorry for any english mistakes and that is also why im comfident its not that my country has blocked it.
If i use a site called http://vtunnel.com/ then enter youtube there and then open it normaly it will work for a short while but would like to know whats causing this issue.
Best wishes
Lucas
PS: have tried multiple browsers etc.
Any way to fix this ?

Solution
NP. I would still advise possibly talking to your ISP to rule out that they are limiting your bandwidth when accessing Youtube. It's possible they throttle connections to the website so all of their users have more equal bandwidth.

rhym1n

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
You have the HTML5 player updated? I know you said you tried multiple browsers, did you try updating Chrome to the latest version and then trying? It's possible that your ISP blocks Youtube related transmissions, but you would have to check with them for that. I'm not sure how things work in Switzerland regarding that in specific.

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
you said it work fine when you were the only one home and work bad when other people got home and started using their computers? so i assume there are multiple computers running, are any of them using Torrents?? that will kill a network connection really quickly

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Yes, no like i said it will work for a short while if no one else so might be isp blocking to many transmissions going throught or something i guess. Kapitalistas like i said ive tried multiple browsers so thats not a problem. For example with firefox il get a server not found error message.

rhym1n

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Call your ISP. See if they block video streaming or something?

Also, do you know how to check your router settings? You could see if some type of QoS (quality of service) feature is on, which allows some types of traffic authority over other types of traffic.

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
you said it work fine when you were the only one home and work bad when other people got home and started using their computers? so i assume there are multiple computers running, are any of them using Torrents?? that will kill a network connection really quickly like isaid its just youtube. Can play games download programs and all sites go but youtube it says server not found. Kapital i said ive wiped my pc so it wont be that either .
Went and checked no setting in router im afraid.

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Have done both have adobe and have html5 player. Ive tried internet explorer and like ive said about 5 times it works fine when noone is at home or when i run a proxy.

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
No only this pc, also noticed that sometimes it will work if i release and renew the ipadress throught cmd. Like i said youtube is only site and it used to work perfectly fine on this machine till recently. Thanks for the reply tho

rhym1n

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
NP. I would still advise possibly talking to your ISP to rule out that they are limiting your bandwidth when accessing Youtube. It's possible they throttle connections to the website so all of their users have more equal bandwidth.

Solution

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Okay thanks , so recently ( last few days ) its been alot bbtter and just releasing and renewing the ip adress has solved it whenever its not working gona mark thym1n as solution since he always answerd and actually took the time to read what i wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.