YouTube Offers Live TV For $35/Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I anticipate ISP data caps are going to shrink again pretty soon as a result then. After all, the only reason data caps exist is so that you can't rely solely on streaming for all your TV watching and are forced to get a cable or satellite package from some provider the ISP is in bed with.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

dstarr3

Distinguished

I have Charter. The reason they don't have data caps is because you can't get their internet without a TV package. At least not in my area.

Comcast has a near monopoly in my area. I literally tried to get Charter Spectrum and they said it's not here.

The only alternatives are Satellite (which doesn't work for Internet due to tiny data caps and frequent service interruption and AT&T (which I will never do again: their customer support has put me on hold for 40 minutes then hung up on me enough times for one lifetime).

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I would sub if it didn't include :
ESPN, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, Free Form, ESPN2, BTN, ESPN-U, ESPN-SEC, ESPN News, , CBS Sports, NBCSN, Golf, FXM, Chiller, YouTube Red, Fox Business, Universal HD

I had Comcast In Chicago never really had any major problems with them on 50mbps plan except they try to weasel you into Tv package with internet but if you talk to them you can get only internet without the tv Package.

But thats in the past now i enjoy my google fiber with 1000mpbs :)
As far as Live Tv I think any form of it is overpriced compared to what you get with netflix/youtube.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
The slow death of YT. All they're doing is turning themselves into another version of the same mainstream media junk that everyone's already sick of. MSM tried to take down PDP, WSJ pushing advertisers into leaving YT which is ruining creators' income, ever more censorship policies, etc. Time to move to vid.me, minds.com, etc.

dstarr3

Distinguished

You would do well to ignore that WSJ article. It's just old media scrambling for clickbait in a feeble attempt to keep themselves relevant in the world of new media. Talk to anyone who knows and you'll hear that YT ad revenue is the best it's been in a long, long time. Some advertisers are pulling out, but new ones are taking their places immediately.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Wow I can pay $35/month to get all those terrible quality programs I cancelled cable 15 years ago to get rid of. Good luck Youtube, can't say your new offering is particularly appealing to me but I do love your service! On the plus side... I've now saved somewhere north of $10k by not paying for those terrible programs.

G

Junk tv. They can't die soon enough. Like D_KUHN, I haven't had cable in 15 years, and I haven't missed it a single day. No way I'm going back, ever, even if it was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.