[SOLVED] Youtube Playlist From Months Ago Plays By Itself

camdoz86

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
Having a weird, rare "twice in the last 5 months" type of problem. To preface, I was listening to a Fallout: New Vegas playlist on Youtube a while back. Now, on two separate occasions, I will start up my wireless Logitech headset after Windows starts up, and this Fallout: New Vegas playlist starts playing. There are no media player apps open, Chrome is closed and seemingly no other app that is open and able to play music. There is no way to turn it off, and only restarting the computer solves the problem. One possible clue is that when I open the "volume mixer" feature after right clicking the volume icon, it shows an NVIDIA container making the noise....I use Shadowplay and the other possible clue is, when I listen to Youtube playlists, and I hit ALT-Z to check my shadowplay screen, there is a mini youtube window in the corner of the screen, with a little player, but this doesn't show up when I'm having the issue.

I have a feeling that NVIDIA interacts with my headset somehow, and so maybe there is some sort of memory that is storing this music or something? I mean, Windows, Logitech, Realtek, NVIDIA and god knows who else has settings for my headset that each seem to step on one another...I know I've read about the "random music virus," but this isn't random music, it's the exact New Vegas playlist I was listening to on Youtube, and I have all my Windows Defender stuff running and did a couple full scans, etc. Any ideas?

Solution
Does headset use G Hub? Or Logitech Gaming Software (LGS)?

You could use a customised clean boot and stop the programs you think might be cause to narrow it down
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

clean boot will stop a few Nvidia things running at startup as well as G Hub/LGS

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does headset use G Hub? Or Logitech Gaming Software (LGS)?

You could use a customised clean boot and stop the programs you think might be cause to narrow it down
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

clean boot will stop a few Nvidia things running at startup as well as G Hub/LGS

Solution