YouTube search seems broken

Jaywood79

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
Youtube seems to have updated their search algorithms this year and now the YouTube search is really broken now. It does not matter what you type in the search box or how much you add to the search box !! It all random stuff now showing up, And endless scrolling just to find any thing close to what you type in the search box.

The search box seems to be base on recommended videos not what you type in the search box or how many extra you add to the search box to get closer to the search example ford charger vs 1980 ford charger.

A year ago it was working okay.

It is not just YouTube search that is broken now even Google search seems to be broken now!! Seems to be base on google recommended not what you type in the search box.

I hear AI is getting better every day they say, yet search is still using 15 year old technology and getting worse!!

Anyone else here having problems with YouTube search being broken? Is it like this in other Youtube domain countries to?

Is there any third party add ons I can use to search YouTube or other web site to search YouTube?

Colif

Win 11 Master
the Youtube filters make no sense, search for videos in this month and they often show year old videos.

Length also doesn't always work, ask for 20+ minute videos and you get short ones still

See what happens when you own the market, you can get sloppy and without competition, there is no reason to make things work

I spend most of my time here answering questions, most of which require a Google search, so yes, I noticed it doesn't always give you the results you want, it sometimes thinks it knows what you want regardless of question in many cases being opposite to search results.

Advanced search isn't much better, its no where near as good as a database search could be. I did a library tech course, I know what real search engines can do and Google is a dumbed down version.

Jaywood79

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
the Youtube filters make no sense, search for videos in this month and they often show year old videos.

Length also doesn't always work, ask for 20+ minute videos and you get short ones still

See what happens when you own the market, you can get sloppy and without competition, there is no reason to make things work

I spend most of my time here answering questions, most of which require a Google search, so yes, I noticed it doesn't always give you the results you want, it sometimes thinks it knows what you want regardless of question in many cases being opposite to search results.

Advanced search isn't much better, its no where near as good as a database search could be. I did a library tech course, I know what real search engines can do and Google is a dumbed down version.

I have notice in the past month or so google search is getting out of control now, it so bad for me to find almost any web sites to questions I have now.

It is hard for me to find stuff on the internet now because google does not seem to search by keywords but recommended web sites now.

I was trying to google a sleeping problem to see if other people had the same problem as I did, where my sleeping pattern got messed up and was so tired I fell sleep at 9:00 and woke up at 9:30 and did not know if it was day or night. It took bit of time to get together the time.

I put in search box sleep did not know if it is ''day or night'' in the google search box and all I got was sleeping disorders, pros and cons of night shield work, pros and cons of sleeping in day and insomnia, health risks, but nothing showing up did not know if it is ''day or night''

About week ago I was showing for some one experience about some thing, and put in the keywords even tried boolean search hardly got any thing only recommended web sites. In past I would get forums, blogs, groups , yahoo answers and hundreds of other web sites of people talking about it. Now it seems google has filter that out and only show recommended web sites.

A month ago I was searching for windows system recommendation of RAM and hard-drive usage space and hardly got any thing but the Microsoft web site. I'm well aware windows 10 takes 20 GB and now 30 GB of hard-drive space and with windows 7 20 GB of hard-drive space but any of the family members I know all go up to 60 to 80 GB of hard-drive space even after running CCleaner.

Windows 7 RAM recommendation is 2 GB of RAM and windows 10 recommendation is 4GB of RAM. But to me it seems way of like more like 6 to 8 GB of RAM for today's world being so bloated the internet, browsers, all windows updates so on.

Yet google filters this out no poll or nothing, no talk nothing!! it filters this all out and only show the recommended web sites. Every thing Microsoft is telling and web sites saying what Microsoft is telling and not users experience. To me 6 GB of RAM for windows 7 seem more realistic today not 4 GB of RAM back in 2010.

Google hardly shows Quora and reddit , blogs and forums it filters this out and show recommended web sites.Duckduckgo seems to be doing this to now, well not as bad as google.

I'm not sure what to do the internet seems broken for me now. It hard to find stuff now.

The past month it is getting worse.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I was trying to google a sleeping problem to see if other people had the same problem as I did, where my sleeping pattern got messed up and was so tired I fell sleep at 9:00 and woke up at 9:30 and did not know if it was day or night. It took bit of time to get together the time.

I have had that happen before, its why I use 24 hour time on my phone as it makes it easier to tell. Looking out the windows should have been a clue too. Its really easy for me to slip into wrong time pattern.

Windows 7 RAM recommendation is 2 GB of RAM and windows 10 recommendation is 4GB of RAM. But to me it seems way of like more like 6 to 8 GB of RAM for today's world being so bloated the internet, browsers, all windows updates so on.

Win 7 recommends 2gb? my last PC had 4gb of ram when I was on 32bit (yes, .5gb was wasted) and yet when i swapped to a PC with 64bit and 16gb of ram I discovered my avg usage was about 4gb which means the entire time I used same programs on 7, my PC had to use page file to keep up with my usage. I should have swapped to 64bit but i had a program that didn't like 64bit

Windows 10 can shrink itself down to boot with less ram than Win 8 or 7.

windows will use the amount of ram you give it, since most PC have 8 to 16gb of ram now, there is no reason not to expand out into it.

Google have no incentive to make search better, they own market. So instead they trying to please advertisers by funnelling results to the people who pay the most. I never take any notice of thte top results anymore. Sometimes I don't take any notice of the 1st page.