Question YouTube throttling volume ONLY when logged in

Ohitzmike

Commendable
May 3, 2020
Hey all. If there's a better forum for this let me know.

So: I have Windows 10 and I listen to music on youtube playlists in a web browser (Chrome), no youtube music app or premium or whatever they offer. And recently in the last week or so I noticed a lot of my music is significantly quieter. I have a Corsair Virtuoso SE headset with iCUE software. I listen to the same several hundred songs constantly so I know how they should sound.

Now, let me be clear here. I went through a lot of trial and error trying to fix this in the last few days and Im pretty sure that this isnt something with my audio settings or with WIndows...it's literally YouTube doing this. BECAUSE when I log out of my google account and play the same song, it sounds perfect and exactly how it used to sound and should sound.

I know they have volume normalization but this has just started recently. Which means there should be a way to fix it or that Google might eventually realize its a problem right? Because I found an old thread on Google community help forums with a bunch of people having the same problem in 2019 but I never had it.

Send help.

<3

Colif

Win 11 Master
YouTube has been known to make changes to some accounts and not all. They roll changes out.. so could be why its only just started recently.

I know music does sound better on Premium but it doesn't have any video clips which is main reason I ignore it

It doesn't make sense that it sounds better when you aren't logged in. That isn't a way to sell premium really.

Have you tried resetting chrome?
Does the same thing happen on Firefox?

Ohitzmike

Commendable
May 3, 2020
Have you tried resetting chrome?
Does the same thing happen on Firefox?

So at the moment my workaround is opening Chrome where im logged in and copypasting the link to my playlist into Microsoft Edge where im not logged in. I dont think its a browser thing because I tried logging into YouTube in Edge and the same thing happens, confirmed by logging back out and the volume returning to normal.