Question Youtube Thumbnails and Twitter Pictures/Videos not loading

rasmusdyreholt

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
Title.

Youtube's thumbnails doesn't load. Sometimes a few of them will load but often it just doesn't load at all. Same with twitter, the posts load and sometimes a picture might even load, but far most of the time, all pictures on Twitter (Profile Pictures, Posts, Videos) don't load. It's just a grey/colored box.

This happens on both Chrome and Firefox. I have tried clearing cache on both, I have tried restarting my PC after, I have tried running malwarebytes and other cleaning softwares, I've tried disabling addons. None of this has worked so far.

No other site (as far as I have tested) is affected by this! Facebook and Reddit loads everything normally, it is ONLY Twitter and Youtube. Help?

Oct 9, 2019
Title.

Youtube's thumbnails doesn't load. Sometimes a few of them will load but often it just doesn't load at all. Same with twitter, the posts load and sometimes a picture might even load, but far most of the time, all pictures on Twitter (Profile Pictures, Posts, Videos) don't load. It's just a grey/colored box.

This happens on both Chrome and Firefox. I have tried clearing cache on both, I have tried restarting my PC after, I have tried running malwarebytes and other cleaning softwares, I've tried disabling addons. None of this has worked so far.

No other site (as far as I have tested) is affected by this! Facebook and Reddit loads everything normally, it is ONLY Twitter and Youtube. Help?

YouTube not working – Fixes for PC (Chrome browser)
Fix number 1: Update Chrome
If you can’t watch YouTube videos in Chrome, try updating the browser. It’s an easy task to accomplish, as all you have to do is click on the icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner, select “Help” and choose “About Google Chrome”. A dedicated page will open up and if there’s an update available, just click “Install” and follow instructions.
Step by step instructions:
Step 1:
Click the icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the browser.
Step 2: Select “Help” and choose “About Google Chrome”.
Step 3: Click “Install” and follow instructions if an update is available.
Fix number 2: Check your internet connection
Just as with the Android version described above, your internet connection might be the root of the problem. Try performing a Google search, or visit a random website to see if it loads. If it doesn’t, take a look at your connection settings to make sure everything checks out. You can also reset the router, or give your ISP a call if that doesn’t help. However, if the connection is established, the search for the right fix continues.
Step 1:
Visit a random website to check if you are connected to the internet.
Step 2: Connect to the internet if you are not already.
Step 3: Reset the router if you’re having problems.
Fix number 3: Turn on JavaScript
You have to have JavaScript enabled in order to watch YouTube videos. To check if it’s turned on, head into Chrome’s settings, click “Advanced” at the bottom, and then select “Site settings” under “Privacy and security”. After that, just click on the “JavaScript” option and enable “Allowed (recommended)”.
Once you’ve done that, go back to the YouTube video you want to watch and refresh the page to see if you’ve solved the problem.
Step 1:
Click the icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the browser and select “Settings”.
Step 2: Click “Advanced” at the bottom and select “Site settings” under “Privacy and security”.
Step 3: Click on the “JavaScript” option and enable “Allowed (recommended)”.
Fix number 4: Check extensions
There are a number of useful Chrome extensions available, but some of them can do more harm than good. To figure out whether or not one of them is to blame for your YouTube-related problems, try playing a video in incognito mode.
Extensions don’t work in incognito mode. So if you are able to watch a video, figure out which one you have installed around the same time the issue began, and delete it. You can do that by clicking the icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner, selecting “More tools”, and clicking “Extensions”. This will bring up a page where you can disable or uninstall all the extensions you’re using.
Step 1:
Step 2: Click “More tools” and then “Extensions”.
Step 3: Disable/delete extensions to see if it solves the problem.
Fix number 5: Clear cache and cookies
If you can watch YouTube videos in incognito mode but can’t get them to work in the regular version of Chrome despite disabling all the extensions, deleting the cache and cookies is the way to go.
Click the icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the browser, choose “More tools”, and then select “Clear browsing data”. Choose the “All time” option from the drop-down menu, and clear the data by clicking the dedicated button.
Step 1:
Step 2: Click “More tools” and then “Clear browsing data”.
Step 3: Choose the “All time” option and click “Clear browsing data”.
Twitter not working- Fixes
Whenever your pictures on Twitter are not loading and it fixes such bugs, there are two possibilities, either with your device or with the Twitter servers itself. Either way, there are some common fixes you can try n order to solve such minor issues and here are those fixes:
  • Reinstall the app
If the first step fails, the reinstallation is the next thing to try. We can’t be certain that will suffice, but it should give you a better insight into what started the picture-loading issue. We suggest clearing the app’s backed up data from the Google Drive before you install it again.
  • Check the network permissions
If you have issues loading photos on Twitter only with mobile data, we encourage you to double check the network permissions. There’s a chance that your device won’t allow Twitter to access the Mobile Data. Of course, without even saying, you need to have at least tolerable network speed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS