Question YouTube using high CPU levels phenom 945

Pablo349

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Hello, I dont know if this is really a problem or not. I have this PC: AMD Phenom iix4 945 3.0ghz - MSI 880gm-e41 (HD4250) - 4 gb ddr3 - 500gb hdd - 120 gb SSD - Windows 7 sp1

So i recently instaled a new 120gb kingston SSD, setted ahci, and looking on task manager, I noticed that youtube videos (720-1080) are consumig up to 90% or 100% of CPU.
Now i can't tell if this ever happened or started after instaling the ssd.

Its more or less the same both in chrome or opera or firefox.
All drivers installed. Also i tried installing my gts250 with the same result.
Does anyone have this issue or know something about?

Well, it is quite an old CPU at this point. My wife uses my old Phenom IIx3 720, with the 4th core unlocked and overclocked to 3.2 GHz, and it has similar issues with YouTube and other streaming services. The videos play just fine, but CPU usage is quite high. These Phenom II chips are well into their twilight years. In fact, once I convince my wife to upgrade to something more modern, I'm going to turn mine into a retro gaming machine.

Assoul

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
That CPU scored 3653 on CPUbenchmark.net. That's really low and what could be causing it, but I have similar desktops and they have no problem. What antivirus are you using, and what background apps are running? And is your memory maxed? 4 GB is really nothing these days.

Pablo349

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
That CPU scored 3653 on CPUbenchmark.net. That's really low and what could be causing it, but I have similar desktops and they have no problem. What antivirus are you using, and what background apps are running? And is your memory maxed? 4 GB is really nothing these days.
I'm not using antivirus right now, win7 is freshly installed. no background apps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts