[SOLVED] Youtube Video Stutter

shobuddy

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I've been experiencing Youtube video stuttering on my desktop when I set the video quality to 1080P. If I set it to a lower quality, i.e 480P, the stuttering goes away. I'm experiencing this in both Chrome and Firefox. I doubt its being caused by my internet speed (300Mbps). I've got an SSD and the original i7 920 processor so I doubt those are causing the issue either. My graphics card is a GeForce 9500 GT (512MB). My guess is that the graphics card is causing the issue. Just looking for some input on whether you guys agree or whether something else could be causing the stuttering.

Solution
Both are at 60 Celcius.

I just disabled hardware acceleration on both Chrome and FF and the stuttering seems to have gone away.
Update your drivers, this seems to be a common issue with old graphics cards when running chrome, and disabling hardware acceleration, restoring monitor resolution to default, updating GPU drivers are just some common solutions, among others.
I've been experiencing Youtube video stuttering on my desktop when I set the video quality to 1080P. If I set it to a lower quality, i.e 480P, the stuttering goes away. I'm experiencing this in both Chrome and Firefox. I doubt its being caused by my internet speed (300Mbps). I've got an SSD and the original i7 920 processor so I doubt those are causing the issue either. My graphics card is a GeForce 9500 GT (512MB). My guess is that the graphics card is causing the issue. Just looking for some input on whether you guys agree or whether something else could be causing the stuttering.
Check your CPU and GPU temperatures using HWInfo64, and update your drivers.

Reactions: shobuddy
Both are at 60 Celcius.

I just disabled hardware acceleration on both Chrome and FF and the stuttering seems to have gone away.
Update your drivers, this seems to be a common issue with old graphics cards when running chrome, and disabling hardware acceleration, restoring monitor resolution to default, updating GPU drivers are just some common solutions, among others.

Solution