Youtube video stuttering issue

michaelWeaser

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I have an older laptop which is an Intel core i5-3210m and it has Intel 3rd gen graphics which is Intel HD graphics 4000. Some videos have random stuttering to them, mostly happens to videos at 1080p. It doesn't happen to all videos though. The issue only happens with browsers like google chrome and firefox, and the videos won't do it with internet explorer or the microsoft edge browser. I am wondering if its a windows 10 driver or hardware issue? But I have tried other computers with windows 10 and the videos do the same thing, but I have windows 10 on my desktop machine, which is also a Intel 3rd gen machine, and the videos stutter a bit as well on android , running the video from google chrome and not the youtube app because of this I am wondering if it could be a youtube issue?

Jim90

Distinguished
Could be a number of things. Maybe your download speed fluctuates sub optimally for the video resolutions requested. Maybe the RAM allocated to the Intel HD gfx is sub optimal for what is being asked - you can change this in the BIOS (providing you've got some RAM to play with and your BIOS allows you access to the required setting). Additionally, I'm not sure if Chrome or Firefox has a video/gfx setting that you can change that might help?

michaelWeaser

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

the graphics card has like 1.7 GB of shared ram. Well if i switch the codec in google chrome from vp9 to the H264 codec, makes it much better, but it still stutters, Im not sure if I am describing it correctly, Leave me explain what I see, its more of like jaggy lines when the video plays, and there are lines in the video, something like scan lines in an old crt tv, where there is something that is fast moving.

michaelWeaser

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Also I found another weird thing, if I have it in full screen it doesn't do it,