Question youtube videos show black sceen after enabling fullscreen

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
I have KDE plasma on my debian pc. When I watch a video on yt and want to go fullscreen, sometimes the screen goes black until I leave fullscreen. The temporary fix is to change the render at the compositor, but it isnt a permanent solution. I have 2 sceens, one upscaled at 1080p (1366768 native) @60 Hz and one at 1024768 @75Hz. Is there any solution for this?

I have KDE plasma on my debian pc. When I watch a video on yt and want to go fullscreen, sometimes the screen goes black until I leave fullscreen. The temporary fix is to change the render at the compositor, but it isnt a permanent solution. I have 2 sceens, one upscaled at 1080p (1366768 native) @60 Hz and one at 1024768 @75Hz. Is there any solution for this?
Upscaling your screens does not really achieve anything; the number of pixels is still the same and it places an unnecessary burden on your software. Try using the native resolutions and rated frame rates.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Upscaling your screens does not really achieve anything; the number of pixels is still the same and it places an unnecessary burden on your software. Try using the native resolutions and rated frame rates.
the solusion was to disable kwin4_effect_fullscreen (settings -> desktop effects -> appearence -> fullscreen)

Reactions: dwd999