Youtube vids getting errors. Overwatch crashing. Google search being unusually slow. Please help.

Comstock DeWitt

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
Ok so at the start of the year my pc started getting a visual and audio stutter in games and youtube videos. Eventually it got to the point where my screen would go blank and say that it wasn't receiving any input.
I took it to a friend of mine who has some IT knowledge and he determined that it wasn't actually my graphics card, which is what I thought it was. I can't exactly remember why but we thought upgrading to windows 10 may help. It didn't and after more troubleshooting we determined that my power supply was not coping with the upgrades I had put in.
I then thought it was fixed, but it still wasn't so I took it to professionals and what they determined was quite embarrassing, when my friend and I had installed my upgrades we did not clip the CPU in properly, and this was resulting in it overheating. Simply clipping it in resolved the problems.

However since getting back I have noticed a few ways in which it is not running as it should:
YouTube videos will sometimes stop playing and display an error.
Overwatch occasionally freezes and crashes to desktop, at irregular times.
Sometimes clicking "join lobby" in Town of Salem will supposedly put me into a lobby but not actually show me, the only fix is to close steam in task manager.
Google search (specifically google, not bing) takes far longer than usual to complete searches. This is the same in chrome and edge.
Groove player sometimes stop mid song or video and tells me it cannot play it because it is unsupported.

I am not sure whether these issues are related to my previous problems at all. I did completely reinstall windows 10 so there is no leftover software.

My specs are:
Nvidia gtx960
Intell i5-4460 3.20GHz
8gb ram

Solution
Hello Comstock DeWitt

I would suggest you to uninstall the graphics driver, restart the PC with the standard one, and then manually install the graphics driver on your Windows.

As for Google searches, you can:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click the Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

> In the command window, type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS and press Enter.

> Restart the PC and then try performing a Google search.

If the above solution doesn't work, try using a different web browser and see if the Google search speed is improved.

As a second thought, you can also try using any third-party PC optimizing tool such as Ccleaner or Ashampoo WinOptimizer to clean any unwanted files...
Hello Comstock DeWitt

I would suggest you to uninstall the graphics driver, restart the PC with the standard one, and then manually install the graphics driver on your Windows.

As for Google searches, you can:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click the Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

> In the command window, type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS and press Enter.

> Restart the PC and then try performing a Google search.

If the above solution doesn't work, try using a different web browser and see if the Google search speed is improved.

As a second thought, you can also try using any third-party PC optimizing tool such as Ccleaner or Ashampoo WinOptimizer to clean any unwanted files from your computer.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS