[SOLVED] yoyo, need help finishing up my first build. all help appreciated

Namesix

Reputable
Oct 22, 2016
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hcZWF8

first things first, im buying a new pc but still using my gtx 1070 8gb, i'll buy a new gpu (prolly 3080 or smth) in a year/two when/if prices drop. i want to build a pc that i wont have to upgrade for the upcoming years besides the gpu.

the things on the list that i already have/ordered are the monitor, cpu and cpu cooling.

the rest i was looking for information for days but still cant decide whats best for me so i would heavily appreciate all help i can get regarding motherboard, ram, SSD and case.

do I need a better motherboard, should i get 32gb ram or keep 16, 3200mhz or 3600mhz, is the SSD fine and will the tower be big enough for the cooling and mobo/ram height etc

PC will be used for gaming at 1080p 144fps+ and streaming 1080p60fps.

I was personally looking to have 32gb ram and 1tb SSD with 2tb hdd just so i dont have to upgrade it in the near future but mby 16 ram is enough. all help rlly rly appreciated.

Solution
16GB of RAM already became a "standard" for gaming and video editing. Since both are hardware intensive, it's always a good idea to double your RAM. If you do it now, you won't have to in the near future.

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
If you are already spending this much, I would recommend getting 32GB of RAM, 16 is fine for now but some games eat up 10-15 without streaming so keep that in mind, 3200 is fine but yea 3600 would be better. And for the motherboard, I would watch Hardware Unboxed videos on B550s and X570s to see what motherboard you would be comfortable in getting, they have amazing motherboard lineup videos.

angelsff

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017
16GB of RAM already became a "standard" for gaming and video editing. Since both are hardware intensive, it's always a good idea to double your RAM. If you do it now, you won't have to in the near future.

Solution