Question YUMI can't access USB key anymore

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I used YUMI to make a multi-boot Linux USB key/stick, that key was hacked since it was both labeled and formatted to have higher size than it is, it could hold 4-6 GB with no/little error, then it went berserk. The total of the Linux distributions was ~2 GB, but I used the option to wipe the drive and when it started doing that, it showed a ridiculously high number, like 40 GB; and as you may have assumed, it failed.

Then not only YUMI couldn't access it, but nothing could. It was showed plugged but having no data; when I went on Windows Explorer > This PC, there was no # for it nor a bar, just the drive icon & letter. I did a search and found How to troubleshoot and fix external drive not detected issues on Windows 10 | Windows Central, and did what the section Fixing drive letter mentioned and it fixed it for all I could find except YUMI. I then tried WinSetupFromUSB but doesn't like it as much. I also used Rufus for another key/stick which I only needed 1 bootable Linux and it worked, but my main issue is multi-booting one. YUMI won't recognize any other key than the 2 other ones beside the one being wiped, when that failed.

Can someone assist my in making YUMI properly detect USB keys/sticks again?

Thank you kindly

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I redownloaded both the BIOS & UEFI versions and they still won't show anything from the drive from which the hacked key was attempted to be wiped. And Rufus & WinSetupFromUSB will still show the drive (that YUMI won't show).

USAFRet

Titan
I redownloaded both the BIOS & UEFI versions and they still won't show anything from the drive from which the hacked key was attempted to be wiped. And Rufus & WinSetupFromUSB will still show the drive (that YUMI won't show).
Why are you still worrying about what was on the bogus flash drive.
There was never any valid data on it.

Start over completely, with real drives.

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
The YUMI application.
I've used it multiple times on multiple systems and had no issue before this failed wiping.

The data that was "copied" to and from the bogus flash drive.
I copied nothing from the hacked stick, I copied to it using another program 3-5 lightweight 32-bit linux distributions.

The other flash drives.
They work just fine, I tested a 64-bit distribution on it on this system and that booted fine.

The USB port(s).
The above was through the same port.