Z170 boot loop help

jcroteau16

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Hello, been building a pc for a couple months now and have had nothing but problems. Back in june I started buying components to upgrade and purchased a evga g2 750w, gigabyte z170-gaming 3, and 6600k processor. Computer ran for about 4 hours then shut off and wouldnt turn on again. I figured the motherboard fried somehow and bought a new gigabyte ga-z170x-ultra gaming. I recieved this and the computer turns on for about 4 seconds then boot loops until i disconnect power from it. I decided maybe the ram wasnt compatible so I went to the gigabyte site and picked out the corsair vengence lpx 2x8gb kit which matches the compatibility chart by part number. I recieved that and still continues to boot loop. i sent back the motherboard and got a replacement one and it is still boot looping. Do you think its the CPU that may have fried when the other motherboard went down? Im not sure what to think now. I had it breadboarded with only cpu cooler, one ram, and CPU. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

UnkownPlayer

Commendable
Jun 29, 2017
Also if you try taking out the ram blowing the slots with a compressed air can any slot that is occupied with a GPU or WIFI CARD and check the 4 or 6 pin power connector if still not the motherboard battery take it out and wipe it off then put it back in and hold it down with your thumb NOT THAT HARD though if you have any other accessories in plug them : RGB lights cd rom un plug them even the ssd if you have one and the HDD just leave the 24 pin connector (the 4 or 6 ) pin connector plug the cpu back in un plug the GPU any enternet card if you have one if it’s still happening then I’m at a lost

TRENDING THREADS