z170 motherboard choice

arvinMIT

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
(noob here sorry)after a week of searching i still cant decide what mobo do i have to buy.. maybe because my last rig is core 2 lol...I want a mobo with a user friendly bios cause this would be my first time to do oc and a so called futureproof..thats it i think..My choices would be sabertooth m1 or ga-designare or maximus viii hero or u can suggest other ..budget is 260usd.. pls i cant decide haha...btw iam having a blue themed pc. thanks in advance!! :)

i already bought these:
seasonic m12ii-620
i5-6600k
16 gb ram 3000mhz
adata 120gb ssd
1tb wd black

Solution
the Gigabyte comes with external Thunderbolt. if that's an interesting thing for you, go with it
the Hero features Thunderbolt at least as an internal jack
the Sabertooth comes with 8 CHA fan headers, the GA with 3, the Hero with 4
Sabertooth & GA come with more power phases than the Hero
the GA comes with LED light for the I/O shield, it's guite strong and can do multiple colors, the Hero only red, the sabertooth without

the boards are all very similar in performance with the Sabertooth & GA being a bit better maybe for a blue themed pc than the Hero
Asus BIOS is usually a joy, but GA BIOS gets rated poorer than it really is
so basically I'd go with either the Sabertooth or the GA and get whatever you can get cheaper, there won't be a...
the Gigabyte comes with external Thunderbolt. if that's an interesting thing for you, go with it
the Hero features Thunderbolt at least as an internal jack
the Sabertooth comes with 8 CHA fan headers, the GA with 3, the Hero with 4
Sabertooth & GA come with more power phases than the Hero
the GA comes with LED light for the I/O shield, it's guite strong and can do multiple colors, the Hero only red, the sabertooth without

the boards are all very similar in performance with the Sabertooth & GA being a bit better maybe for a blue themed pc than the Hero
Asus BIOS is usually a joy, but GA BIOS gets rated poorer than it really is
so basically I'd go with either the Sabertooth or the GA and get whatever you can get cheaper, there won't be a huge difference

of course if you got an external thunderbolt device, or got 8 case fans, than the choices are obvious

Solution