Z170 VRM comparison

the asus is a 10 phase vrm

*update* the asrock is a 12 phase

I personally would grab the asus, they make some very good board, I personally find them the best especially when overclocking

The difference between these two shouldn't matter unless ou are going for super high overclocks

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I'd go the Asus, what power phase design is used can help a 'little' - most say more is better ( ;) but if that was the only guideline then we'd be seeing lots of 16 phase power designs like some used years ago).. The big thing is the design of the power phases and the components used. The ROG mobos are theirtop of the line and they put a lot into them, both hardware and componebnts used as well as time spent developing the BIOSs

''may go asus ''

good luck I think now a days asus is more of hype then quality - not near the asus I grew up with and why so many bios updates for a board ??? are they now that unstable out of the box ?? another brand board had 5-8 updates and the equal asus has 12- 18 in the same time frame ??

look that over

example from neweg review z170 board

Cons: Does not work. List of issues may not fit here.
Constant BIOS updates from ASUS trying to get this thing stable

my ''last'' 3 anus's [oops, asus] were my ''last''

Nov 23, 2018

Exactly! The CPU OC will fail before VRM Phases run out! :) I even now (used to have ROG) have the standard Z170-P with even less phases and it runs rock stable 6700K @ 4.5 Ghz (can go higher but sacrifice load of power consumption / high vcore for 1-200 mhz.. I believe 4.5 ghz is the sweetspot with 6700K. I also delid´ed my CPU so it runs great..