[SOLVED] z170a wont post anymore

Oct 23, 2020
I went to install windows on a blank pc that had booted and worked fine in the past and it would not boot. I have since removed everything but the cpu and one stick of ram.
I've tried both sticks of ram one at at time in most of the ram slots.
the power led lights up when i plug it in and the xled1 led lights up when i try to boot but the cpu, dram, and vga lights do not light up when i try to boot. (manual says cpu light should stay steady on if cpu is the issue)
I have fan spin on the cpu and on the psu. the case fans would not spin but after resetting bios and removing all drives and expansion cards they did.
one pad on the cpu looks black on about half of it, like it is a little corroded or burned. the pad is labled DDR0_DQSN[0] on the original lga1151 layout schematic thingy if it matters

board is a refurbished asus Z170-A
CPU is an i3-7100
PSU is a brand new TX550M from corsair.

I have tried to reach out to asus first but they had nothing useful on their site and you seem to need your board serial number to get to talk to anyone, and i dont have that...

anybody have any ideas? no other people anywhere i've looked seem to have had this problem yet.
I feel like it is the motherboard but i really really dont want to have to spend the money on a new one

I need this computer up and going very soon so any ideas are appreciated :)

Solution
The board may be fried if it burned a pad on the CPU, the corrosion is a sign that the board might of had contact with some liquid. You may have to buy new parts.