[SOLVED] Z170X-UD5 USB issues

May 3, 2021
I Have Z170X-UD5 Motherboard

So I have to start out saying that this is a very strange issue that I have not been able to find any information on thus why I'm posting here.

My issue is that my front facing USB ports on my desktop work with some connections (mouse and Astro A50 headset,) but not others (keyboard and external hard drive.) I am not hard wired for internet and use a wi-fi adapter that when plugged into the front port make the ports turn off and turn back on when removed. The back ports work with everything but my splitters. Prior to last week the ports worked fine and while in the middle of playing a game I lost function of the mouse and keyboard, headset, and internet access. When plugged into the front USB ports the keyboard is seen turning on and off repeatedly and the connection and disconnection sound plays.

Is this a short in the USB, a driver issue, or something else?

Please help!

Solution
Figured it out I opened up my case and moved my USB pin to the second USB pin and the ports seem to work, a cousin of mine stated that I likely shorted out a port and that the USB controller card was damaged.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Make and model of your chassis? Does the issue crop up when all devices are plugged in at the rear I/O? Splitters you say? Make and model of your splitter? A link would help us two fold. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What OS version are you on at the time of writing?

May 3, 2021
Figured it out I opened up my case and moved my USB pin to the second USB pin and the ports seem to work, a cousin of mine stated that I likely shorted out a port and that the USB controller card was damaged.

Solution

Latest posts