Z270-A won't POST

rtpevehouse98

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
I've done many PC builds but this is the first time I've gotten something that won't post. Components are:

Asus Z270-A motherboard

Intel Pentium G4620

Corsair 750W PSU

4GB 2133hz Crucial DDR4

Samsung EVO SSD

With everything hooked up the stock cooler will cycle on and off (the PSU fan as well)

For the status LEDs: the CPU led will light up red for 1/4 second followed by the DRAM led lighting up amber for 1/4 second immediately after the CPU LED. This cycle repeats every 5 seconds

If I press and hold the MemOK! Button the light cycle changes to the DRAM led lighting up for about a half second, pause 1/4 second then the CPU led lights up for 1/4 second. Sometimes the CPU led lights up individually and sometimes the dram led lights up for a full second with the CPU led lighting up for the last 1/4 of this

I interpreted this as a memory error so I've tried the stick in each channel (I started with it in channel A2) but I haven't seen any change

Does anyone have any thoughts? Looking online I've seen a lot of people with memory errors but that was only in the case of people using multiple sticks

rtpevehouse98

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
I'm really not sure why, but I connected a different PSU to the system and it booted flawlessly. I don't know if messing with the board moved something just slightly or if the other PSU was bad but everything seems perfect now!

TRENDING THREADS