Question Z270 Gaming M7 BIOS

Feb 11, 2020
Hi everyone. I am having a problem with my PC and I am looking for help but can't find any

My problem is that I try entering BIOS but my monitor screen turns black. I have it connected by HDMI. I tried buying a DVI cable trying to access the BIOS using it and still no chance. Also when I am starting my computer the PC turns on but the monitor stays in SLEEP MODE. I have to turn off the power from the power supply and then start it again. The error I get on my motherboard is E0.

I tried to search in on the Internet and it says it's something that is bad connected. I replaced my RAM slots position but still didn't fix it. I thought it may be because 2 months ago I installed an M2 SSD and I guess since then my computer started doing these things

If someone can help me find accurately what the problem is, I would be very thankful

yellowcardyc

Official Forum Representative
Jan 8, 2020
E0 may indicate no RAM is detected. If you boot with no RAM installed, what POST code will you have?
If it's E0, then either there's something wrong with the RAM or the DIMM slot. Try to clean the gold finger of RAM or try your RAM on other motherboard if available.

Feb 11, 2020
E0 may indicate no RAM is detected. If you boot with no RAM installed, what POST code will you have?
If it's E0, then either there's something wrong with the RAM or the DIMM slot. Try to clean the gold finger of RAM or try your RAM on other motherboard if available.

I turned off my PC and then took the RAM out and started again the computer. It started beeping for 4 seconds and the POST code was E0. But still, if the PC couldn't detect my RAM why would it be starting normally after ?