Question Z270F not turning on but has orange pwr lights on

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I bought a new motherboard yesterday and after installing it, it didn't work well the strix light is on the pwr orange light is on but nothing happens. it was a used motherboard that i bought and the guy says it was working but is it really i need your help. The problem does not come from my ram or my psu because 15 minutes ago i tried with my old motherboard H110 PRO D4 and PC turned on. I also know when my pc is on because the psu fan is an rgb and my pump makes noises but nothing happens. I also tried touching the 2 pin with a screwdriver also didn't work. Also it has an 8pin connector when my old mobo had 4pin, i read that its for the cpu but i tried the 8 pin like stick the 2x4 i have from my psu but still didn't work. Thanks in advance. Tried Ram in diff slot also

I5 7400 3.0Ghz
Msi 1060 3Gb
8Gb Hynix 2133Mhz
Z270F strix
ATX 850W
Xigmatek Mystic 9 Case

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
PC is actually on right now but the cable switch to turn the pc on from the case is not working on the mobo and the screwdriver dont turn it on on the first try, i dont know whats going on but im using it now. Btw do you know like a command center for my mobo smth to monitor and control fan via software and not bios