Question Z370-A Pro to Prime A320M-K (PROBLEMS)

Dec 6, 2020
Hello,

so to give you a quick overview of my issue basically my friend wanted a CPU upgrade, I got him a Ryzen 7 2700X but since the socket was AM4 we had to find an AM4 motherboard since his Z370-A is a 1151 chipset.

which is how I stumbled on the A320M-K, an M-ATX Motherboard that we setup tonight and funny enough the computer wouldn’t turn on.

now you might say “oh you forgot the f panel oh you forgot x or y” well actually I’m pretty sure I didn’t. Matter of fact I tested the power supply + power switch ONLY with the GPU on the Z370 and it worked, when I ran that exact same stuff on the A320M-K it wouldn’t even turn on the HDD. Which is weird because the HDD would turn on the moment the PSU is on, when using the Z370 but it wouldn’t when using the A320M-K.

this is where lies my question, what happened ? I think that the motherboard was faulty which is why I told my friend to send it back, but is there a reason behind it not working ?

PS : I have photos if needed, and also the only cable from the PSU I used both on the z370 and A320M when trying to find the source to the problem was the 16x pin ? I’m not sure how it’s called but it’s got a lot of pins. It’s the main source of power for the motherboard

thank you !

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This is one of those threads where you need to include the specs to your system in full. On top of that how old is the PSU that's being recycled? The 2700x was often put on B450 chipset motherboards, while the A320's needed a BIOS update in order to get it to even POST.

If you want to include images, host them on Imgur and then parse a link in this thread.

Dec 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This is one of those threads where you need to include the specs to your system in full. On top of that how old is the PSU that's being recycled? The 2700x was often put on B450 chipset motherboards, while the A320's needed a BIOS update in order to get it to even POST.

If you want to include images, host them on Imgur and then parse a link in this thread.

Thank you for letting me know !
the PSU is a CX650, which I checked online is has ATX (since I plugged it into the motherboard for the CPU)

The gpu used was a 1050ti, as for the rest I don’t have the details. The case is fairly new, in a good state. There was an HDD and an SSD, with two case fans. But ultimately I tried every combination and NOTHING turned on with the A320M motherboard.

here are the pictures :
View: https://imgur.com/a/MQnBI0m