Z370 board possibly faulty? No signal when powered on.

virgil077

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
After Purchasing a new Asus motherboard, Intel CPU, and RAM to go along with it i managed to get the PC to start up at first and even got the drivers for the board installed through the CD that came with it. However I noticed after looking at Specy that only one RAM stick was registering. I repositioned the RAM sticks (or took one out and not the other, I can't really remember). After doing this now the monitor isn't getting a signal and the "DRAM" led light on the mobo is orange when the PC is powered on. I've tried different combinations with the RAM sticks in regards to where to put it and using only one but the problem persists and i've even tried removing the CMOS battery. I dont know if its important but I noticed when powering on the CPU led light is lit but only for a split second before switching to the DRAM led. Any suggestions as to whether the MOBO or the RAM is the culprit and any possible solutions?

SPECS
Operating System
Windows 10
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
RAM
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z370-A
Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (Gigabyte)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 ATA Device (SATA)
232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA Device (SSD)

It looks like a memory issue..
Disconnect the power cord, press the power button for 15 seconds
Try one stick of RAM in a slot, connect the power cord, press the power button and power on.
If it doesn't work, try the procedure placing the RAM stick on another slot.
If it doesn't work, try the procedure with the other RAM stick.

virgil077

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

I'll try this tomorrow and come back with updates.