Z370 Gaming Wifi motherboard flashes LEDs for a split second and turns off

Dec 2, 2018
First time PC build:
After connecting the EVGA SuperNova 750 power supply to the Z370 Gaming Wifi Motherboard the light flashes on the motherboard for a split second and then it turns off. The power supply fan also doesn't keep spinning.

What could be the issue? The power supply works fine when you short the MB pins via the connector that comes with it.

Dec 2, 2018
Hi there

CPU is Intel i5 - 8600K
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 16 GB
GPU: MSI Ge Force GTX 1070 Ti
MB: Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi Rev 1.0
Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
case: NZXT H500i

I tried to remove the CPU and power on just the MB and still get the same behavior.

Dec 2, 2018
I took out the RAM since its not powering up. So am just starting with MB and CPU.

Yes IMG3564 is connected to the SATA power supply connector. I took out the HDD but an extension of SATA connects to the HDD too

Dec 2, 2018
Done. Posted more pics on the same link. If I put the RAM back in, it does the same :( I was reading on other posts on this forum and the advise was to start stripping the PC build to the barebones and see where the problem could be. is that not a good way of debugging?

You need the CPU the CPU fan has to be plugged in, the ATX12v, the 24 pin and ram. No ram it wont do anything

The only other thing you can do. Remove the mobo put it on something non metallic, install the CPU its fan, ATX12v, 24 pin the pwr, and hdd LED wires from the front and ram.

Press the power button on the case. See if it does something