Z370-I Gaming strix motherboard no beep when testing without ram

lukutis222

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
I have bought all parts for my pc build and put everything together except ram (didint get my rams yet) So i decided to test my build without ram and see if it does turn on and work. The pc turned on, all the lights went on and fans were on aswell but no Motherboard beeps even tho on the motherboard manual it said that the beeps should appear.. Does anyone have new gen motherboards and experienced any simmilar problems? What should i do first

You don't get beeps, if motherboard speaker is not connected.
Be patient and wait for your ram.

lukutis222

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
And what do you mean exactly by motherboard speaker? I have connected all the cables that my case came with . And i thought the beeper is pre installed and connected and it works external to all my other connections

Nope. Your motherboard doesn't have onboard speaker. It must be connected to motherboard separately. Read manual page 1-2 and 1-3 (item 12).
Motherboard speaker usually is included as part of PC case accessories.
HTB1D2k_HpXXXXXgXFXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg

its rare to find a computer case that comes with a PC speaker these days

make sure the ram is seated correctly and in the right slots according to the motherboard manual. but like i said above there should be debug lights on the motherboard that will be able to help you troubleshoot